• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Research learns new ability trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
trying to make it when you research an item, you learn an ability via triggers this is what it looks like:

• Add or Level Pyro Blast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Pyro Blast
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Pyroblast for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Pyro Blast add to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Pyroblast for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Pyroblast for (Triggering unit)) + 1)
  • I can make it so when i purshase a tome/rune item it works using pretty much the same jsut when i add the research into the trigger the aiblity does not show up in my spell book
  • Add or Level Arcane Boost
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Arcane Boost
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Arcane Boost for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Arcane Boost add to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Arcane Boost add Dummy to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Arcane Boost for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Arcane Boost for (Triggering unit)) + 1)

Last edited:
Level 28
Use
  • -tags:
  • Right click on the trigger inside the trigger editor, choose "copy as text", paste it on the hive, wrap [trigger] and [ /trigger] around it.
  • Do you use a dummy spellbook, or just an ability?
  • (If you don't use dummy spellbook: create a few spellbooks, all with the same order ID and give the ability you want to the spellbook in the object editor, when the tome is bought, give the spellbook to the hero instead).

Status
Not open for further replies.