• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Research GUI trigger Help! +rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Okay I have problem and I need help...
Im trying to add Ages to my game and its well phail and crap :bored:
what im trying to do is if the player researches that and its that specific level then you can go to a new Age but I want to make sure the person doesnt go back an Age like Futuristic Age then to Modern Age here is the trigger I have
  • Update Age
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Current research level of Structure Durability [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 10
              • (Current research level of Gun Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 1
              • (Current research level of Weapon Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in AgePG[MedAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Sound - Play QuestLog <gen>
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + |cff5f9ea0 has gone into the Renaissance Age.|r)
              • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to AgePG[RenAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]
              • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from AgePG[MedAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]
              • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row ((Player number of (Triggering player)) + 2) to Renaissance
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Current research level of Gun Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 10
              • (Current research level of Cannon Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 5
              • (Current research level of Vehicle Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 5
              • (Current research level of Concrete for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 1
              • (Current research level of Weapon Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 30
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in AgePG[RenAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + |cff5f9ea0 has gone into the Industral Age.|r)
              • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to AgePG[IndAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]
              • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from AgePG[RenAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]
              • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row ((Player number of (Triggering player)) + 2) to Industral
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Current research level of Gun Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 25
              • (Current research level of Cannon Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 10
              • (Current research level of Vehicle Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 10
              • (Current research level of Concrete for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 2
              • (Current research level of Weapon Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 40
              • (Current research level of Robotics [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in AgePG[IndAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + |cff5f9ea0 has gone into the Modern Age.|r)
              • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to AgePG[ModernAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]
              • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from AgePG[IndAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]
              • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row ((Player number of (Triggering player)) + 2) to Modern
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Current research level of Gun Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 40
              • (Current research level of Cannon Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 20
              • (Current research level of Vehicle Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 20
              • (Current research level of Weapon Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 50
              • (Current research level of Nuclear Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 3
              • (Current research level of Advanced Sciences and Technologies [1] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in AgePG[ModernAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + |cff5f9ea0 has gone into the Futuristic Age.|r)
              • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from AgePG[ModernAge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]
              • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row ((Player number of (Triggering player)) + 2) to Futuristic
        • Else - Actions

Level 16
Seas =)

1) my English is very bad, but I try my best to understand everything and try to help you. A Player can research some ages. If he is in age A and goes to B, the Player can't be go in age A back again <--- right? If it is go to step 2 if not ignore what I said here =)

2) I don't know if it work ( because I don't want rebuild your trigger for me for testing ) but make something like this: If a player complete the research of an age use this:
  • Set AgeInteger[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = ((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 1)
If the Player want research the next age, you check with conditions the value of the integer ... this should be ( somehow ) possible :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.