• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, im making a spawn-based map were you "buy" the bases.
There is a merchant outside each base that sells an item that gives you the base.
One of the bases requires a character to be dead before you can purchase it, as you get the same character from that base.
I made a dummy unit calle: "(Character name) dead" and added it to the
items-"Techtree:requirements"
But i can still purchase the item without having furfilled the requirements :(
Anything else i have to do?

:pal:

Level 8
My guess is that you either have that unit in the map so that the requirement is fulfilled, or you have the "check requirements" set to false for that item.

If you still can't figure it out I would suggest using triggers to make the unit drop the item to make sure that another player can't buy the item for that player and give it to him. not as slick, but more robust.

Level 5
:/ I give the unit to all players upon the characters death, and its not present in the map before.
I could not find the Check Requirements slot, ive seen it many times, but mostly on mercenaries and other stuff.
Thank you for trying to help out anyways =D

:pal:

Level 16
Seas =)

1 ) I understand you correct - that you only can buy an item - if a unit is dead?

If yes why don't create trigger for it like: (just an example)

• Check
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • Your Item
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((X X X unit) is dead) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item is ok
        • Else - Actions
          • Item removes - gives costs back - say massage: Unit need die first etc

Status
Not open for further replies.