• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Required Animation Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Read first: I know that this is not the right forum to post this, so plz move to the right one!

Hi Hivers,

I am working on a Map for my friend, Roc.
And i am trying to make some super items, like that you can metamorphose,
The trigger is all done, (not a nice one yet, but thats not the problem),
but i want the morphed Demon Hunter to be the model of the Demon.
But the thing is, i dont know how to make it that it uses the morphed model, and not the normal hunter.
I thought it was something with required animation names,
but whatever i tried there didnt work (alternate, morphed, demon form, upgrade)

*Yixx*

Plz do not tell me that i shouldnt make a RoC map, cause i know that TFT is much better, but I am making it for my friend..

Level 16
yeah, you're right.
put the "alternate" string in the Required Animation Names. That will make the word "alternate" appear in every animation the unit uses. So if the unit plays "stand", it will play "stand alternate" instead...

I guess that's the way it works =P

Edit: fast answer prize xDD

We've got a winner of the Fastest answer prize! xD

now to the point:
I am just really stupid, i made a custom unit for the demon,
but after i saw it didnt work, i put illidan in the trigger, in stead of custom unit
and after that i changed the animation names of the custom unit..
Yeah i know, it really IS stupid :gg:

But thanks anyway! +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.