1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Requiem - "The Stone Gate"

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Kithraya, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    As like always, Wc3.

Attached Files:

2. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice, are those models open source? Anyway, you should add something behind the gate, a landscape instead of the white screen and some HD sky.

3. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a grass field behind the gate. I thinks it look good.
    No, models are for no one other.

4. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    No offense but this is more like a model showcase because this is all pretty much custom models like your previous terrains which kinda disappoints me but if I just have to base it on the models it's fairly nice.

5. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wtf L2Love? >.>

- You could say that about any terrainer, seeing as nearly all terrainers use custom models, only difference here is that he is using doodads that isn't open sources, I hate him for it, but thats reality, don't judge his terrain based on bias like that.

Anyways, to me the terrain looks good, there is only two things bothering me. For one, as Oziris stated, there are far too little going on behind that "gate." I'd like to see some mountains fading out in the fog, and possibly some terrain, a forest, or something. Secondly I dont find those lillies fitting with the rest of the terrain, they seem to be of much lowers quality than the rest of the doodads, making it so that it seems their not fitting in. But, as stated, looks good.

6. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    And I hate ugly Wc3 standard models, so i always replace them.
    Beyond that i don't need to prove your my abilities with standard models. Just watch my old screens.

Lilies are much lowers quality than the rest of the doodads? :xxd:
    I don't think so:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, water transparency only in game. ;P

And the behind the gate is:
    [​IMG]

This is playable terrain, so if is there a white fog and anything other behind the gate, it should be.

Is 2-0 for me, bye. ;P

7. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, playable you say? Maybe making the fog just a little more grey or if your aiming for that bright sun fog then try pulling it more to yellow, but not too much or it could get ugly. And I don't think that the trees fit very well in the terrain, not their colour/texture but more the model itself. And the sharp graphic hurts my eyes, maybe try adding some shadows?

8. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are a lot of shadows and the tress fit with terrain very well.

9. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe on the models you have shadows, but on the ground you have none as far as the pictures shows us. And no, from picture 2, they don't fit very well. Your trees "pass" (Which is somewhere in the middle of yes fit and no fit). Just saying that you could import better ones that would fit in better.

10. 2-P

2-P

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not a matter of quality, the textures of the lilies have a completely different style (e.g too colorful) than the other doodads. They just don't fit in.

Hm, where? Unless you rewrite WC3's graphic engine there's nothing you can do against a lack of shadows. It's a weird suggestion from oziris to begin with...

11. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    In real, you have everything in the same shape of colours? :xxd:

You don't see the shadows? ;/
    Oh, what is that near the rocks? Huh?
    [​IMG]

There is everything i can do with shadows. ;P

12. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can place your own shadows but it's quite a pain in the as*. Using already wc3 shadows from units or buildings and just placing them carefully.

Edit: Cool, but grass also needs shadows, so do fences if you want the realistic feeling. And the Gate should cast a lot larger shadow. Also you didn't place the shadow of the gate properly, your missing the part on the top.

13. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is better, then zero shadows in your art's isn't it? ;P

"Edit: Cool, but grass also needs shadows, so do fences if you want the realistic feeling. "

- Don't cry. Location is in progress.

14. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I think the lilly pads fit quite well, they are like.. the only "happy" thing in an sad world? :)

I love it. Quite much I must admit. :)

15. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehe, It's really impossible to place shadows on 3D doodad rocks. :)

16. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    - No, ;). I need to do some more models like calamus, dragonflies, etc. and there will be more happy things. xD

Lol. :xxd: Just go to Scenario -> Map Properties -> Custom light Enviroment and set to "Black Citadel".

Now you have dark shadow on objects. Hard, isn't it? ;P

--
    No more double posts, k, thx. M0

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
  17. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nah, I think you don't get it. I'll make a demonstration when I come back home. :)

18. aider

aider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is insane! Im not much of a terrainer, so Im prolly a little more stunned then skilled terrainers who see small mistakes better than me. When I see terrain like this, made by you and others, Im so inspired to make a DoS with an incredible terrain :p
    I have searched the forum a bit, but only found small terrain tutorials, any of you know a thread with a list of other threads with terrain tutorials? Like a collection of terraining tutorials in one thread. Thanks!

EDIT: Found a nice thread with links to tutorials ;P

19. ultra.x

ultra.x

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thoust is very impressed !!

20. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks incredible! Nice models and textures you got there :) Fog is bit too stiff for my taste but other than that, looking really good.