• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem - "The Stone Gate"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
As like always, Wc3.

Attachments

• requiem7.jpg
    requiem7.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 480
Level 13
No offense but this is more like a model showcase because this is all pretty much custom models like your previous terrains which kinda disappoints me but if I just have to base it on the models it's fairly nice.

Level 36
Wtf L2Love? >.>

- You could say that about any terrainer, seeing as nearly all terrainers use custom models, only difference here is that he is using doodads that isn't open sources, I hate him for it, but thats reality, don't judge his terrain based on bias like that.

Anyways, to me the terrain looks good, there is only two things bothering me. For one, as Oziris stated, there are far too little going on behind that "gate." I'd like to see some mountains fading out in the fog, and possibly some terrain, a forest, or something. Secondly I dont find those lillies fitting with the rest of the terrain, they seem to be of much lowers quality than the rest of the doodads, making it so that it seems their not fitting in. But, as stated, looks good.

Level 4
And I hate ugly Wc3 standard models, so i always replace them.
Beyond that i don't need to prove your my abilities with standard models. Just watch my old screens.

Lilies are much lowers quality than the rest of the doodads? :xxd:
I don't think so:
cccrn.jpg

Sorry, water transparency only in game. ;P

And the behind the gate is:
behidthegate.jpg

This is playable terrain, so if is there a white fog and anything other behind the gate, it should be.

Is 2-0 for me, bye. ;P

Hmm, playable you say? Maybe making the fog just a little more grey or if your aiming for that bright sun fog then try pulling it more to yellow, but not too much or it could get ugly. And I don't think that the trees fit very well in the terrain, not their colour/texture but more the model itself. And the sharp graphic hurts my eyes, maybe try adding some shadows?

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Lilies are much lowers quality than the rest of the doodads?
I don't think so:

It's not a matter of quality, the textures of the lilies have a completely different style (e.g too colorful) than the other doodads. They just don't fit in.

There are a lot of shadows
Hm, where? Unless you rewrite WC3's graphic engine there's nothing you can do against a lack of shadows. It's a weird suggestion from oziris to begin with...

Level 4
It's not a matter of quality, the textures of the lilies have a completely different style (e.g too colorful) than the other doodads. They just don't fit in.

Hm, where? Unless you rewrite WC3's graphic engine there's nothing you can do against a lack of shadows. It's a weird suggestion from oziris to begin with...

In real, you have everything in the same shape of colours? :xxd:

You don't see the shadows? ;/
Oh, what is that near the rocks? Huh?
74612388.jpg

There is everything i can do with shadows. ;P

You can place your own shadows but it's quite a pain in the as*. Using already wc3 shadows from units or buildings and just placing them carefully.

Edit: Cool, but grass also needs shadows, so do fences if you want the realistic feeling. And the Gate should cast a lot larger shadow. Also you didn't place the shadow of the gate properly, your missing the part on the top.

Level 4
.. the only "happy" thing in an sad world? :)

- No, ;). I need to do some more models like calamus, dragonflies, etc. and there will be more happy things. xD

Hehe, It's really impossible to place shadows on 3D doodad rocks. :)

Lol. :xxd: Just go to Scenario -> Map Properties -> Custom light Enviroment and set to "Black Citadel".

Now you have dark shadow on objects. Hard, isn't it? ;P

--
No more double posts, k, thx. M0

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
This is insane! Im not much of a terrainer, so Im prolly a little more stunned then skilled terrainers who see small mistakes better than me. When I see terrain like this, made by you and others, Im so inspired to make a DoS with an incredible terrain :p
I have searched the forum a bit, but only found small terrain tutorials, any of you know a thread with a list of other threads with terrain tutorials? Like a collection of terraining tutorials in one thread. Thanks!

EDIT: Found a nice thread with links to tutorials ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.