• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting Zangarmarsh models and goblins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
i need several models that is essensial for my zangarmarsh and goblin campaign.
i got some WoW-ripped models but their filesize are imense and they lagg my maps to hell.
so plz can anyone make me some of the models noted below?

Sporegiant
Sporewalker (a.k.a tripod)
Sporebat

Goblins:
Goblin Commando - essensial hero ( ive got an icon you can base this one, which can be found in the pending icon section)

Goblin gunner/shooter

EDIT: added models i realised needs doing
1: goblin Chemist/potiondoc
2: goblin Mechanic
3. Marshfang
plz dont give me links to models on this site, ive looked through this site sevral times and never found anything that suits these.

Last edited:
Level 31
Well, heres a pair of models I have on my hard drive. They're two differnet goblins that use guns. I haven't found anything that might work as the comando. I might be willing to work on the Giant and bat as well, but the tripod would be extreamly hard.

Attachments

• Gobo Gunners.zip
    157.9 KB · Views: 82
Level 14
@Cavman, thank you, any help is appriciated. about the gunners, the gunman looks abit crappy but the other one is fine (tho it might look a bit too similar to the rifleman.)

i dont really know how to distribute the work when you and inf3rno could mind doing the same models. you can if you want make you own versions of the models.

Level 9
ok ok after 30minutes of work then 8hours of sleep and enougher 30mins of work this is what i have so far
sporebatss.jpg

Level 9
hmm im using 3ds max 9 now cant seem to get the uvw unwrap to work im selecting the faces i want in polygons then uvw unwrapping it but nothing shows up does it matter if ive smoothed the mesh?

Last edited:
Level 9
how many polys does the wow spore bat have? any way im use to unwrapping in 3ds 7 not 9and atm im having some problems unwrapping with 9 anf my 3ds 7 trial has ran out

Level 14
@cavman: that would be wonderful!:infl_thumbs_up: i imagine the commando having a alternative morph crawl mode, if you know what i mean. i need it as a hero with dissapate animations and spell (throw bomb and set bomb) anims.

@Inf3rno: i guess i cant really help you when it comes to 3d programs and alike, mostly because there are no such programs available for mac...:wsad:
but hopefully ull come up with something.

Level 45
how many polys does the wow spore bat have? any way im use to unwrapping in 3ds 7 not 9and atm im having some problems unwrapping with 9 anf my 3ds 7 trial has ran out

What does a WoW sporebat's poly count have to do with a wc3 model? It should have at least 1k at most. Heroes are 1k polies, mega units like aboms are 500 and average units like grunt is around 300-400.

Meaning, that model should have at least 300, even 200 due to its shape.

Level 31
ok, here's the comando. he dosn't ahve a lie down animation ,but he's got an attack with a gun and a throw dynamite animation. His chest looks a little funky, but it's not that noticeable ingame. uses all ingame textures.

Attachments

• GoblinComando.mdx
    139.1 KB · Views: 85
  • GoblinComando_Portrait.mdx
    32.6 KB · Views: 84
Level 9
heres something i quickly made up its the Fungal Giant i edited the sasquatch model the skin is CnP tho...

Attachments

• fungal giant.blp
    39.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Sasquatch.mdx
    78 KB · Views: 107
Level 9
hey Cavman would i be aloud to edit your zerg lurker model see if i could turn it into a Spore Walker?

Level 9
well ive nearly finished the tripod if u want i could attempt to make those naga water pumps? and those neutral mini sporregar people???

Level 9
kk heres the tripod its pretty messy but looks ok in game

Attachments

• Lurker.mdx
    121.6 KB · Views: 110
  • tripod.blp
    30.2 KB · Views: 136
Level 14
@Inf3rno: i would gladly let you make the pumps and sporeggar people, it would be perfect if you did!:wthumbsup: I was exalted with those little sporeguys when i played WoW (surprised, eh?:wgrin:).
about the tripod, i discovered that an attack animation is missing on the model, i really need an attack animation for it, so can you or anyone fix one?.
The sporegiant is nice but the skin layout is abit messy(something i may attemt to fix myself).

@Cavman: the sporebat is very good :wgrin:! although its animations are abit improper as the sporebat mostly hover and isnt flapping very much. but this is not very important and it wont keep me from using the model. good work anyway :wink::thumbs_up:

Level 9
lol!.... the message has to be 15 words or letters something so i could just type lol :wconfused:

Attachments

• Sporeling.blp
    13.8 KB · Views: 90
  • VillagerKid.mdx
    46.5 KB · Views: 115
Level 31
Meh, never say a sporeat ingame, so I didn't know what the animations where, just chose a model that looked simular to it.

Infero, I took the liberty to fix up the Walker a bit, so the legs don't look quite so funny. I also fiddled with the sporeling, changed the skin path for importing, and made it so it could be reskined to have TC.

Attachments

• Sporeling.mdx
    46.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Sporeling.blp
    13.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Sporewalker.blp
    30.2 KB · Views: 141
  • SporeWalker.mdx
    122 KB · Views: 105
Level 14
thanks again. the sporeling is splendid +rep for both of you.
to point out werewulfs point further ive posted this screenshot from the editor.
:fp:

the screenshot compares the custommade sporewalker with the wow-ripped i wanted it to replace.

and btw Cavman, can you make the commando use custom-pathed textures so i can modify the skin(s)? and if you do, could you plz give me the tinkertexture, because i cant find it among my exstracted wc3files.

Attachments

• Sporewalkercomparison.jpg
    Sporewalkercomparison.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 634
Level 14
ive added more things i need doing on the first page. the marshfang should be easy, i have a hero-model for the mechanic, but i'm waiting on the authers permission to let someone modify it for me, and ive seen rizz boomer make a good model for the goblins but if anyone feels to make any of the goblins for me, they are free to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.