• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Request: Riflerider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

I am creating a custom map which is nearly done now. Thanks to help from people on this site I have got the triggering on it to work. I also have the balance almost done. Now I just need to polish the map up, like fixing the last skins and models. Almost all models have I already found on this site, but there is an important one I can't find.

What I am requesting from you, folks:

I need a Goblin-unit which I call the "Riflerider". It's a Goblin holding a gun/rifle and it's mounted on some kind of beast, like a Wolf or a bear.

What is the unit supposed to do?

I need it as a skirmish unit. It can be used to raid enemy bases, to give mobile protection to the slow lumbering Kodo's and of course they can be used as a main unit in the Goblin army. Melee Goblins and Rifleriders are the backbone of the Goblin army, while Kodos are the mobile troop-production building the Goblins need to defend.

The Goblin Faction and it's dirty looks:

The Goblin Faction on my map are not as "hightech-mechanical" as most of the Goblins models are on this site. It's a more raw and brutal Goblin race and I imagine this unit to be kinda wild as well. A Goblin holding a black-gunpowder-type-of-technology rifle and riding a captured and angry animal.

At last

I would be very glad if someone has the time to make this model for me.
Feel free to make the unit as you imagine it, so you feel that it's a fun model to create.

If you want to know more about my map or if you want a screenshot from goblins on my map just ask

Peace!

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Lol what an amusing name, rifle rider, riding a rifle... The problem with your request is that for a goblin to be armed with a gun on a mounted creature would be extremely difficulty because there is no such anims to base it upon, it would require custom anims which only a rare few have the knowledge to create.

Its a good idea and i´d be glad to help seeing as i hate techy goblins and i see somewhat of a krootox unit blend here.. heh, i´ll think about it but i ain´t promising anything, depends wether or not i feel like taking a break from my current work.
I do have a Goblin Wolf Rider but the goblin throws spears though.

Level 10
I was a bit afraid that my request model was to hard to make. I have to make my request more simple:

I need a fast goblin that shoots.

Feel free to create it the way you or anyone on this site imagine it :)

Ps. Can I have a look at the Wolf Rider Goblin?

Em!

Em!

Level 25
The Goblins do not weld the spear, its when they attack that they pick up the spear on there back and throw, i made it like that because there right hand is equipped with a shield while the other has to be holding on to the wolf.
Oh yeah there are two types of goblins there, you see a lot of them with a hood and one with a mohawk.

Attachments

• WolfRider.jpg
    WolfRider.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 275
Status
Not open for further replies.