• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea Requests about War Caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

In my map the Goblin Race have War Caravans as main barracks.

- War Caravabs are mobile buildings and they sell Goblins, simple melee units.
- Up to three Workers at a time can be loaded into the War Caravan and after 10 seconds the workers are converted into permanent Goblins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But when I test-play my map the unit is not as interesting as I thought.

- There is no reason to convert your workers into Goblins since it is better to let your workers gather resources and instead BUY Goblins from War caravans.

- There is no reason to have the War Caravan left in your base, you might aswell send it out front directly.

- The unit is slow and bulky and there is almost no reason to micro it, except for buy Goblins and move it closer the front.

I think there are interesting possibilites with a mobile barrack and I want players to have more options with the unit.

If you feel like writing down ideas that appears in your head, please write them down! Do not censur yourself, I want every mind to flow free!

Attachments

• War Caravan.jpg
    War Caravan.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 92
  • Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Level 15
make it like ancient - so it can 'root' somewhere and then produce units faster ot maybe recover health quickly (seeing that its a kodo). Also, if you load workers inside, the new goblins may produce faster/cheaper and the workers can repair the caravan from inside, passively increasing hp reg.
Also, you can make an ability, that will instantly convert all the workers in the caravan to fighters for nominal fee. it must have long CD and be an emergency ability. will work better if u increase number of workers that can hide in the caravan

Also, an ability that increases Caravan's movement speed, but makes him unable to sell units for some time (like 15 sec speed boost and 20-30 sec production lockdown) so it will have more tactical use and allows it be used as transport (make like 1-2 slots for any unit, apart from worker)

chage it to work like burrows, so that workers can attack from inside it.

There is some bug I noticed, you can use only the original ability (yes you can modify it, but...), you can use only original instance, if you create new one it may not work correctly, thus only one such ability can be fielded.

Status
Not open for further replies.