• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Requesting moat system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i was just playing a game, and when they made a crater on an island (from a nuke) it would bring the island under water, but the water and the waves would still be splashing against the invisible shore and there wouldn't be any water where the island was, this is a bad thing, considering i was thinking of adding moats to my map, but i dont know how to add water, could somone make me a "Moat system", somthing that you'd press an ability, then you'd press another ability, then it would charge you a set amount per square of land between them, then make a ditch, with terrain deformations and finnaly fill it up with water doodads and pathing blockers that stop non amphibious travel.

Too hard? i just figured there's alot of script writers, and i know the two ability thing can be done because i've seen it done in the spell "Tripwire" on www.wc3c.net .

If you read all that, i'd like to thank you, alot, and i wish you luck in making my moat system. PS: i just want it to be able for you not to have units in the moat, it doesn't actually need to be sea pathable, for ships, as that might be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.