• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Requesting: Loading Screen Tips & Less Lag IG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As I say, you got any tips for me?
Well, for example I know wc3mapoptimizer which helps the Loading Screen to be abit smaller and the filesize of map to be lesser + protecting map (Cuz filesize of map is a problem)

Now about Loading Screen, you know any tips to make it last smaller amount of time? For example DotA, it has so many triggers and spells and models stuff that makes loading screen take for ever and it loads so fast, how can it be? Also, in game I have about 2 sec delay (for strong pc's) because I have more than the limits of units for neutral hostile and passive, have any suggestions,ideas or tips for me? If you like know a program or you know something thats useful to fix that tell me. Oh by the way, don't tell me to give neutral hostile to player 12 or something cuz all the 12 players are important for my map.

So.. any ideas? Helping me = Rep + probably credits on map too if its really useful. Also if you have any other ideas for map to less the lag or space filesize of map go on.

Level 33
You see, it's essential to preload spells if especially if your map contains many heroes and high level of spells can achieve (more than level 4 spells).

In DotA, they use a preloading system which basically preloads those spells after they pick a hero not while on Loading Screen (Map initialization).

Did you notice when you first pick the hero, it would lag a bit ?
It is actually preloading all the spells that the unit has.

So, if you want to preload spells, don't do it in Map initialization, it should be where you first pick the unit/hero.

Level 3
I see.. smart.. yea noticed that.. 1st-So, how can I choose which spells to work after game elapses 0.1 second? If you know how to could you show me an example of like 2 spells in a map?
2nd-or better like, a system that simply makes NONE of the spells works expect the ones that are used by hostiles,player's units or what ever, and rest will start working by 0.1 time elapse, probably this can't even happen as the World Editor is not a..human? lol

3rd-And maybe the best (I say it 3rd cuz its hardest to make maybe) all Hostile/Red/Neutral Units spawns on 0.2 second of game as all spells works on 0.1 sec of game.

if u make the 3rd one plz make 2nd too cuz idk which would work better for me.
so can u help ? zz

Status
Not open for further replies.