• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting Icon and Model help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Yes, as I summed it up in the title, I'm working on a minor hobby project but I realized I lacked really.. goblin-ish buildings. The idea is to create a new generation of the famous goblin exploration squad, but removing stuff that added leaks and adding new fancy things, such as a farming system. I found my inspiration in Troll Tribes, but was annoyed by the high learning curve and later on found Goblin Exploration Squad, which I also found kinda lacking, so I'm making my own.

The coding is basically done. As for terrain I'll ask for help with that later.. or possibly attempt to throw something together, we'll see about that later. Anyhow, first things first, model and icon requests.

Requests
------------Models--------------

The first one on my list is a goblin building model for the "Goblin Steakhouse". It will be one of the two primary food preparation buildings, the other being the "Goblin Bakery" (It's still a name in progress) which would be the second request.

Then there's some minor things, a goblin War Mill, Forge and Goblin Hut. Then a "Goblin Sentry Tower", a tower without any real attack, but the ability to detect invisible units as well as give a +1 armor aura to surrounding allies. The other type is a "Goblin Guard Tower". If possible, variations to the tower would've been awesome.
(Like the human tower, but without the arrow tower, instead with a minigun, one with a similar effect of the cannon tower, one with a sniper addon and a flame spewing gizmo addon. Also, a gigantic tube thing addon to launch Goblin Rocket Riders, which would serve as goblin anti-air.)

A "Goblin Blacksmith" and a "Goblin Tannery" would've been nice too. As for the last one, it would be one building with several variations, the goblin bunker/burrow. Depending on who constructs the building it will take the properties of the creator.

- If the "Fireworker" constructs it, it should have an extra fire turret at the top.
- If the "Engineer" constructs it, it should have a long tinker arm attached to the roof to wack evil creeps who get close, even if the goblin itself isn't in the bunker.
- If the "Rifleman" constructs it, it should have an automated turret on top to shoot enemies, like the Engineer's addon, even if the goblin itself isn't inside the bunker.
- If the "Juggernaught" constructs it, it should have a crappy statue of a goblin warrior, holding a spikey iron club, standing at the top of it, while having extra spikes sticking out at the sides. (The idea is to give the building two abilities for this one, one that increases attack a little of nearby units and one that is basically the spiked carapace ability)
- If the "Warlock" creates it, it should have an extra warlock addon, like an extra mini-building (In which magic scrolls can be bought) and mini-tower that shoots dark magic bolts/streams of evil, whichever works out best.
- If the "Rouge" creates it, it should have, much like the warlock, an extra mini-building (In which poison is created and sold) and an extra mini-tower that shoots venom instead of magic.

I have to point out though, I want these addons to be able to turn around, like the cannon tower for example, If you get what I mean.

If you think that the goblins needs something more and want to create it, hell do that, I'd love extra models. Goblins are awesome. Quite possibly some economics buildings? I am planning on adding an economy to the Tier 2, to reward the player with new and fancy things.

Requests
------------Icons--------------

As for icons, all of the custom models above needs icons. I would also want Icons for the Temple of Boom and Tech Tower. Temple of Boom is used as the Town Center, the base of operations. It adds the ability to upgrade to Tier 2, might add a Tier 3, but it's still unsure at this point. I will however prepare for it, if I at some point changed my mind, leaving me with little work then.

Final Words
The coding is actually basically done, I have some minor bugs and leak fixing, but because of previous flame war experiences back at the time when I sucked, I wont upload it here unless I am in a desperate need for help or when it is finished. Hopefully there is someone out there that could help me. That is all for me, thank you.

Last edited:
Level 11
thats what u wanted? tech tower made
techtower.jpg

View attachment BTNtechtower.blp
View attachment DISBTNtechtower.blp

(icons got boarders)

Level 26
Hmm.

Not to be ungrateful or anything, but could you set the angle of the icon and the zoom of the icon more along the lines of the existing ingame goblin icons? I'm planning to use the already existing goblin buildings as well.

I'll post a screeny to better illustrate my point. I hope it helps. Also, don't mind the building in the background, it's a temporary placeholder. I still think it looks weird, anyhow just ignore it, okay? XD

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    908.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 26
Hmm.. It's getting there. It's still not that style that the ingame icons have, but it's clearly better than the other one. I think it needs more zoom. Hmm..

Anyhow, while waiting for the loading screen request to be completed, I'll give it a shot as well. It might not be good but it would most likely represent what I want it to look like a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.