1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Requesting Arctic terrain!

Discussion in 'Requests' started by TheWarchief, Dec 18, 2010.

1. TheWarchief

TheWarchief

Resources:
    Resources:
    I need a arctic-styled terrain for a survival map im making and as i am horibly bad to make terrains i thought i could ask your guys to help me out.

The terrain need to have the following:

Locations for bases: The players need places where they can create a base. It has to be big enough to have a couple of building and as the teams can go up to 6 players some of the bases need to be pretty big.
    The bases should also lie on somewhat strategical point - like up a hill on inside a bunch of trees or such.

Water: Well a river or coastline would be great. I dont want the map to be entirely land but also the river or coastline or something must not slice the map in two so that there are islands. A player must have acess to the whole map (except minor isles maybe) without using boats or other transport. Also be sure not to fill too much of the map with water.

The map should be 192*192 or bigger if you want :grin:

Hope you can help me cuz i really stink at terraining.

Thanks. :thumbs_up:

2. PROcuratorDotA

PROcuratorDotA

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my opinion you should create at least skeleton of the terrain and then request art helping, now it's like making map from zero just for +rep...

3. TheWarchief

TheWarchief

Resources:
    Resources:
    You may be right it is just for +rep and credit in the map but i really suck at terraining. All of my unfinsished maps didn't needed a good terrain. I know its a lot to do but i would be really happy if someone would do it. I just need a terrain.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  4. Zeatherann

Zeatherann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I may be able to produce said terrain...

I need
    • dimensions
    • tileset you'd like (snowy, icy, ect)
    • doodad placement (forest, tundra, islands, ect)

Given these i can create some terrain for ya.

5. TheWarchief

TheWarchief

Resources:
    Resources: