• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi,

This may seem like a dumb request, but I need some terrain. Any kind of terrain - it can be of any tileset or subject matter (as long as it's not futuristic or modern inspired) - but it should facilitate for base-building and general war-mongering. I'd like it if were asymmetrical and had some life in it, it doesn't need to be perfect or even completely finished, just something I can work with.

The problem is that whenever I am electrified by my creative juices, terrain saps all my enthusiasm and I'd just love to finish a map just once....

So I'm pretty much asking for a hand-out - if anyone has some terrain they don't plan to use, or don't mind me using for a map, or maybe you're boreed and like terraining - all I need is a respectably-sized map (enough for 8 players, so maybe around 192x192? bigger is better, of course) with some interesting and thought-provoking terrain (by thought-provoking I mean, terrain that makes you consider where you should build your base, what's fortifiable and what's poor defense; choke points; etc.). Of course, I'll take anything, so you if just have some terrain you know will never see the light of day... don't hesitate :9.

This sounds like a dumb request... but I just don't have the time or the amount of inspiration to start from scratch - I could make the triggers, the units, all the other stuff, if someone would be willing to give me some nice terrain.

Thanks, comments etc. appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.