• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting a Texture for my Refuse-Collection Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hey Texturers,
I'm working on a Refuse-Collection model.

The mesh is finished and now I need a texture for it.
I tried it myself, but I'm not good enough in making textures.
But I made you the Wrapping, so it's kinda easy for you.

Please make it a bit similar to the picture.

52645735_845472feef.jpg

+8 Reputation and Credits will be given

Attachments

• TruckWrapping.jpg
    TruckWrapping.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 185
  • RefuseCollectionWrap.jpg
    RefuseCollectionWrap.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Level 31
Looks ultra cool, especially the back view.
Do you plan to make in your future job something with drawing and all this Photoshop stuff?
You're so talented.

For your texture:
You can see at the borders/edges of the parts grey stripes.
That's not your fault, it's my bad wrapping.
Just don't care about it, I will fix it when I animate the model.

You also can see the colour of the back is more orange than the other sides.
I would like to have the whole texture in this orange you use at the back.

But all in all it looks so fantastic.
We made a perfect cooperation here.
The model will be very good.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Truck.mdl
    65 KB · Views: 77
  • TruckWIP2.jpg
    TruckWIP2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 363
  • RefuseCollectionWrap.blp
    205.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Level 48
Lungdrache, they're not making the request for YOU, they're making it for Chilla_Killa. :S
Anyways, some advice... The front glass could be more shiny and glass-like, like the side glasses. The tires could use a tad more love - some extra shading and highlights and overall details, for example making it look a bit more dirty, will help a lot.

Level 30
I have some suggestions. I already said that the front side of the truck is too flat, and I don't know have you ,,fixed" it. Texture for the wheels is maybe a bit simple. You can do it better! I think that using a white flash for windows is not so realistic... Maybe you can try with a silhouette of a human or something. Also, the thing that moves left and right when the rain falls, to clear your sight, I suggest you to get it a bit more up and a bit more defined. It will for sure be a nice eye-candy. And the doors, they look like it is quite cold out there, they look like they have ,,frost". Also, up from the back side of the truck, there is a part of texture missing. And one last thing: Flashlights (I think that it's their name, the things that provide light) bellow the front window, look like they are turned off. For another eye-candy, I suggest you to make them flashy. And... chilla killa, I suggest you to add a bumper to the model. Only on the front side.
topdoo$172053811(s).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.