• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting a skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm requesting a skin for a model I've made. No in-game skins fit. I'm very thankful if someone does this for me. I've uploaded pictures under here.
Picture of model:
WIP.png
Model based on this wow picture:
Sandreaver.jpg

I want you to make a skin that looks similar to the wow picture. With orange looking texture. And instead of the purple on top I want to have team color. You can have team color where you want. Except on the upper hair, there shall it be alpha texture. I also want some dark grey claws. The texture shall have 256x128 or less. I've added a picture of the wrap.

Reward: +rep and credit when I upload the model.

Attachments

• Wrap - Kopi.png
    Wrap - Kopi.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Wrap.png
    Wrap.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 115
Level 12
I owe you one for wrapping my models for the UTM, so I can try to skin it as well, if you can pastebin the model and send me a PM of the link. Warning: I am a mediocre skinner.

I've sent it to kanadaj, and asked if he would still do the skin, but he hasen't answered. I will send it to the you, but I think it is best if we wait for him to answer. So it is not going to be done two similar skins.

Done. Well, I know you wanted many WIPs, but, to be honest, the progress was very quick. Let me know if you like it. Btw, it'll need some model editing to look exactly like the Sandreaver.
attachment.php

Moderators, apologies for the double-post, but as you can see, I couldn't really edit the above post.

Last edited:
Level 12
Done. Well, I know you wanted many WIPs, but, to be honest, the progress was very quick. Let me know if you like it. Btw, it'll need some model editing to look exactly like the Sandreaver.
attachment.php

Moderators, apologies for the double-post, but as you can see, I couldn't really edit the above post.

It looks really good, but I want some changes.
1. Try make the highlights on the claws on the front of them instead of on the side.
2. I only want it to look like hair on the planes. Not like you've done it, and remember no team color on the planes.
3. The team color should be on top of the body and tail, not on the planes.
4. Try to make the end of body and head have closer skin tone.

Level 12
1. I can do that.
2. I don't understand. That's as similar as possible, and there are 2 materials anyways, so if I add team colour to one, those spines don't get affected.
3. It would be hard to implement, as your wrapping has stretched the body of the model.
4. I can do that.

2. Only the planes have support for alpha, and the rest supports team color.

I got another idea about the team color. What if you add some team color on top of the feets, and on the thing in the end of his tail?

And can you try to make the planes like hair coming out of his body, and make them match the body to. Like now it don't match because the planes got the dark blue on it, but if you try to add that to the top of the body.

And about my progress. I did finish the animations, but I forgot to do something before I started animated. So I need to redo all of them again.

Level 12
Yep.
Yep.
Yep, consider it done. I can't add it onto the top of the body, because you wrapped it around the whole of the length, so it will just be warped and stretched, unless you plan to re-wrap it.

The Sand Reaver had no animations.

I got two files of sand reaver. And I meant to give you the unanimated one.
I do not plan to re-wrap it, but if you could try and show me how bad it going to look with teamcolor on top of the body, that would been great.

I can't add it onto the top of the body
teamcolor on top of the body

I meant I can't add the wierd pattern on top, because it will warp and stretch over the whole length of the creature. BUT I have added TC onto the tail and legs, and they look satisfactory. Also repositioned the claw-highlights.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 12
Yep.

EDIT: Added melding effect. Note: somehow it doesn't display on the model, at least for me.

Okay this is the last change you need to do. If you can make the skin parts longer out of the wrap I gave you. But just a little. Because now I get team color lines where it shall be no team color.
WIP sword.png
All of those lines shall away, and then the model is ready for upload.

I know how to get rid of the lines, it is because I alphaed out the backgroun. I will leave it un-alphaed.

Also, to make the TC blend, set the material which has 'Sandreaver.blp' (not Replaceable Texture 1) to Blend.

EDIT: Done. I think you should wrap the body better, re-wrap it so that all the scales point to one direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.