• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request to Video Record my Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I've been trying to have someone do this for me since my pc's performance simply can't do this on its own, and to no avail I came here in hopes that someone would lend me a help with this simple request.

I have a cinematic map I need to record into a video to upload to youtube, as a means to add it into the map's resource description, as a thank you for whoever is able to do this for me I'll also add your name to the credits list!

_

Last edited:
Level 14
Use a record video software to record a map while playing.

I've tried, like I said already my pc's performance can't handle recording wc3, (This is a Windows XP with a GeForce 210 we're talking about), the fps goes lower than 7 when recording and thus it stutters awfully, trust me if I could've done it myself I wouldn't be making this thread, it's really not a long cinematic it's just 4 minutes long so I had hoped that it wouldn't be much of a burden.

Level 14
Chrome blocked me from downloading your map saying it was malicious so I won't be able to help you.

Chrome does that to all attachments so there's no point to worry of malicious files, I had another friend download the map this way and confirmed me chrome does this, you could just unblock it.

You could do a replay map but it's sure it won't load on youtube unless you made for the map description other than that, your need to upgrade you pc's performances such as RAM, Graphic Card, etc...

I don't have the money to spend on a better pc, nor is it in my priorities of my daily expenses to invest in one. Again, if you read the original post, I didn't come here asking for help for ways to record my map myself, because I concluded that it is impossible without having to invest money on that, which I don't have.

Also yes, it is for a description, a replay wouldn't do because you'd need the map to view that and what would be the point of watching the replay if you can watch the map instead.

Last edited:
Level 23
It's a cinematic, so there's no in-depth in what to record, when the map is started, a cinematic begins until it ends and map closes, it's about 4 minutes long, so it's not quite complex :)

ah lol ok no problem then, I thought it was like playable map, not cinematic. Gonna get right to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtUH9qK46FY here is the video :D

I recorded it at downscaled to 1376x774(16:9) because if I try to go for full res(1920x1080) my CPU starts throtlling, 30 FPS and 1600 bitrate, which is enough for 720p.

If you think it could go higher, I can try, but I cant guarantee no-lag, yea last second of the video could be cut off :D cause I didnt know when its gonna end

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtUH9qK46FY here is the video :D

I recorded it at downscaled to 1376x774(16:9) because if I try to go for full res(1920x1080) my CPU starts throtlling, 30 FPS and 1600 bitrate, which is enough for 720p.

If you think it could go higher, I can try, but I cant guarantee no-lag, yea last second of the video could be cut off :D cause I didnt know when its gonna end

Thank you! You did it quite flawlessly! Though I only have one doubt, I feel like the music volume was too low, if it's not too much, could I ask that you do it with 100% volume for both music and sound effects? Otherwize it's still good enough for me :)

Level 23
sure thing,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_h7l3341hQ&feature=youtu.be (give it a second to process the 720p, currently at 360p). This is with max volume in game as well as OBS, so it cant really go any higher.

You can probably notice a short frame dip right before the guy walks in, cause my CPU is pretty crappy, so it cant hold rendering AND commanding graphics card + doing all the shit it does already :D Shouldnt be much of a problem anyways.

Level 14
sure thing,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_h7l3341hQ&feature=youtu.be (give it a second to process the 720p, currently at 360p). This is with max volume in game as well as OBS, so it cant really go any higher.

You can probably notice a short frame dip right before the guy walks in, cause my CPU is pretty crappy, so it cant hold rendering AND commanding graphics card + doing all the shit it does already :D Shouldnt be much of a problem anyways.

Yeah this is perfect! Thanks a millon!

Status
Not open for further replies.