• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Shadow Map Editor Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.
As you all know, calculating actual shadows on a giant map with thousands of doodads takes for years, if you use the "Calculate Shadow Map" tool.

Last time I did it, it took a whole week (and I even removed every doodad that doesn't neccesarily need a shadow and then imported the shadowmap back to the unmodified map) - since then, the number of doodads in my map has doubled and I'm afraid that the whole Shadow Map Calculation will never work out.
Also, as I am using the alpha tile quite a lot, the whole shadow map calculation stuffy is messy as hell anyway.

So what I am requesting is some kind of editor plugin (or standalone tool) that allows to manually draw the shadowmap of the extracted map.

Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.