• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request : make a unit mount to horse or flying unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
some1 pls do guide me on how to make unit mount to flying and ground units.
Also mount and dismount both unit, like the night elves and Hippogryphs aka Hippogryphs rider, pls n thx.:grin:

Level 13
There is no flexible way to do this.
You could do so if a unit comes close to the horse, hide the entering unit and create a special effect at "mount" of (yourunit) (Base the unit off Riderless wyvern).

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

=/ Not sure if this is what you want but this works if you have a building like a stable or something.
Well anyways back when I was modding AOE2TOC I found out about the easiest way to do something like this.

1.) Unit walks in region.
2.) Unit disappears.
3.) New unit appears on horse in region2.

EX Diagram:

Region=R
Building (Stables?)=S

RSR

In short unit walks up to one side of the stable, and then comes out the other side mounted on a horse.
Just manipulate the storyline to allow your normal on-foot unit to be able to equip armor and stuff (this will allow you to bring say a villager to the stables, and allow him to come out as a knight.)

Level 5
Would this work
[trigger=Mount]Mount
Events
Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) is equal to Mount
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) Then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Condition
((Unit type of (Target unit of ability being cast) is equal to horse)
(Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast))
((Unit type of (Casting unit) is equal to Footman)
Then - Actions
Unit - Remove Target unit of ability being cast
Unit - Remove Casting unit
Unit - Create 1 Knight for (Owner of Casting unit) at (Position of Casting unit) facing Default building facing degrees
Else - Actions
Do nothing[/trigger]
Just change the units if you want it to be different it is easy to change this should maybe do it
For dismount still not sure

Level 5
Well you will have to make new units for the spell so it can be different units since he only made the hyppogryph rider as an example so yeah it is possible to not use a custom spell but making a custom spell for me is a bit easier since it's like just removing and making kinda so it's just an optional opinion and plus i'm not sure if there is a dismount spell and he is requesting that also so we could add an action in the custom spell that gives a custom dismount spell it makes the whole thing more flexible

Status
Not open for further replies.