• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Request]Looking for effect, like circle/ball, no detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Just like the balls that came when you kill monster in silkroad online or similiar games
more than one color will be awesome(such as yellow, blue, green, black, white)
All i want is colored ball effect.
i looked to models section but well there is no simple one, they are for attacks etc. getting bigger, smashing and so.

Level 7
Not sure, never played silk road online but what you describe reminds me from Final Fantasy when monsters or people die, their soul is like tiny balls lifting into the air.

Anyway, here is a screen shot and model.

The model has particles of Purple, then Red then Yellow. The particles scale from big to small.
+Rep if helpful.

Attachments

• fadedissipate.mdx
    5.4 KB · Views: 87
  • preview.PNG
    preview.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 116
Level 4
Not really helpful sadly.
What im looking for is my map have(or will have if i get good effect) exp gain system, there should be souls-exp balls of monsters coming out when died.
But that effect is like... rainbow :)
But here is +rep anyway.

Level 4
Sorry I misunderstood. Could you give me more information?

well, i got a exp gain system.
simply, when you kill a monster something(like a circle) comes out from monster. then you gain exp. like in some mmorpg games.
what im looking for is nothing more than simply, small circle with no detal at all and small sized.
http://i.imgur.com/52HIg.jpg
see player called iRage, there is 2 circle coming to him/her, i mean that things.
(picture isnt mine)

Level 7
Oh alright then so like in the Fable series. Kill monster and the Exp Balls follow the player. When it goes to the player they will receive exp... some mmorpgs will show a floating text of how much exp. Right?

Edit heres a modified missile model.

Attachments

• exp.mdx
    6.7 KB · Views: 70
Level 4
Did you made it ? it looks very cool indeed.
can i get yellow version of that ? and maybe purple ? blue ? :p i dont know how much time coloring takes, i hope its something low :)
and that effect doesnt lag the game even if you kill 48 peasant at same time. so its cool. very cool.
(btw added another rep point)

Level 7
No recoloring doesnt take too long at all.
Its just im on vacation, so if you want all of the colors youll have to wait. Sorry! But Ill make the purple, blue, red, green, white, and black as you've requested.

As for making the model from scratch, no I didnt. But I did edit a model and added geo imports from some other model, which I cant remember :/

Sadly you cant re-rep me until you rep like 10 other people. Its fine though

Level 4
This is not the place for requests. And shame on you Atmosferic, for encouraging him by trying to fulfill his request.
Well, i may made a mistake. my request is completed thanks to him. also this place may not be for requests, however requesting smething doesnt hurt anyone... why so mad ?

Level 4
No recoloring doesnt take too long at all.
Its just im on vacation, so if you want all of the colors youll have to wait. Sorry! But Ill make the purple, blue, red, green, white, and black as you've requested.

As for making the model from scratch, no I didnt. But I did edit a model and added geo imports from some other model, which I cant remember :/

Sadly you cant re-rep me until you rep like 10 other people. Its fine though

i did rep th, just gave rep to random 3 people.
Well its fine. im working on a project which will take long, so i can wait as much as you wish :)
(btw another rep)

Level 32
Level 4
Alright, this is getting moronic. I think the thread should be closed down, unless RLstorm has a good reason for it not to.
No i dont have any good reason to keep it open, someone that can close this thread can close.

Status
Not open for further replies.