• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Platform Model Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Asomath's Platform Model Request

Hey there. This model request is for my entry into the solo mapping contest. It’s a platform, as well as the entire setting for the final boss battle in the map. The platform will be in space. I believe its material is composed so that it will use, few, if any, custom textures. I am looking for this platform to be pretty detailed in its making, as it is the setting for the final battle. + rep for the creation :D

First, here’s a piece of the concept work that was drawn up for the project:

PlatformConceptArt.jpg

The platforms top is composed of an inner steel/metal ring and an outer border ring. The actual material of the top is made out of either one or two things, whichever you decide and is easier to use. The top is either transparent glass, or it is the energy used in the Force Bridge doodad of WC3 (under dungeon>bridges/ramps). Whatever would be more convenient for you. Then, curly metal legs (scene in the concept work) come out from 5 points equidistant from each other on the outer metal ring. They contain the large energy ball supporting the flight of the platform. The balls preferred color would be yellow, followed arranged in order by orange, purple, red, blue. That is, if you can’t find an easy way to make it yellow: then try to make it orange, or if not orange, purple, etc.

I had no plans for animations, for I did not to over-use your time. However, if you find you can do one of these, I would appreciate that.

The default animation is the platform simply still (the energy ball is rotating)

A rotating animation in which the platform rotates with the energy ball.

A death animation in which the ball implodes (maybe taking a few pieces of metal with it) and the platform splits in half and falls. (this would be used in the final cinematic)

However, those are COMPLETELY optional and should only be done if you feel you have time for it. This applies to the smaller details on the outer ring as well, such as the bolts and darkened metal.

Thanks you so much
for you time,
~Asomath

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.