• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bigger Invisibile Platform(like) Model for Diablo III required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey there,
I am desperately trying to spare performance in my map and I got way too many invisible platforms, which are destructables and thus require more calculations.

So basically what I want is a model that is also invisible and covers a greater area then the invisible platform model. I'd like a version that is 3x and one that is 5x as big.

I'll add you to the credits and +Rep of course.

Level 14
here you go:

as my tests revealed, you dont need a 3/5 times bigger model. only 3/5 times bigger pathing texture. so i made one 3(4x4)=12x12 and 5(4x4)=20x20 textures. make copies of the original Invisible Platform bridge and then change the pathing.
if i were you i would import these as PathTextures\Unbuildable20x20 (and 12x12)

i made the bigger models too, but they dont seem necessary. i will delete them after a couple of days if not proven useful.

Attachments

• 12x12UnBuildable.tga
    92 bytes · Views: 38
  • 20x20UnBuildable.tga
    124 bytes · Views: 34
Hm, there already are in th engine and even greater in value than 3x and 5x.
Go to your platform and scroll to Pathing. Insert the following text: PathTextures\8x8Unflyable.tga
That text is an 8x8 block that restricts flyability, walkability and buildability.
There is also Ground-only restriction (but free flyability) and the path is this:
PathTextures\8x8Default.tga

To display the paths in the editor, press "P". This way, you can actually see how close you can get the platforms. You don't need a new model for bigger collision sizes, you need bigger *.tga's.

For additional information, you might want to check this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/pathing-everything-about-154558/

Edit: I was kinda late, which means I accidentally repeated stuff karland90 said, but that's because I didn't refresh the page.

Level 8
Lol Herian. That's the best and also simplest way lmao. How could I not think of it >_<
At the other two. Thanks for your help but I'm not sure if you aren't actually mistaken pathing texture and the way invisible platforms work. There is no pathing texture that makes other units able to walk over it. If you enable
"Pathing - Is Walkable" the destructables mesh will be taken into consideration for the maps height map.

Status
Not open for further replies.