• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple "wall" doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,

I know, first post and already a request. But let's get to business.

About my project
I'm creating a random dungeon generator, like the ones seen in the diablo games.
Now, not just *any* generator, I'm trying to make it at least a 'bit' sofisticated and am in fact aiming for quality dungeons.

So first some screens of my progress (which may prove I'm somewhat serious about this project & request).
attachment.php

attachment.php

I see you already have models. What do you need me for?
I've made the models myself in Sketchup. As you can see, there are a few issues with sketchup models exported to warcraft 3:
  1. The textures are messed up (huge stripes at certain parts). Big problem.
  2. The models aren't selectable in the editor (all right, it's an editor problem, but it's still annoying). Right now I need to "drag" select them which isn't exactly accurate.
  3. The models aren't walkable - this is a huge issue for dungeons with "depth" (like the ones you see in diablo 3)
  4. My model skills may be all right, but they're still not "great". I'm sure many of you could do better.

The actual request
Check the third attachment to see examples I've made in sketchup.
"Platform" doodads are the 6 models on the right of the attachment
"Wall" doodads are the 6 models on the left of the attachment

Following models are needed:
  • Platform with 1 wall
  • Platform with 2 corner walls
  • Platform with 2 opposing walls
  • Platform with 3 walls
  • Platform with 0 walls (floating "floor")
  • Wall on 1 side
  • Wall on 2 sides (corner)
  • Wall on 1 side (with door)
These 8 models are absolutely necessary.
Variations on these 8 models are very much appreciated (for example, a wall with a window or a beveled corner)

Each of the models must meet following requirements:
  • Tileable in 2 directions
  • For platform doodads, it should also be tileable in the "depth" direction
  • Platform doodads must be walkable, hence the name "platform".
  • A single doodad must be precisely 128 units large. That is, the "width" of the model = 128; the "height" of the model is 128; the "depth" varies. See attachment 5 for definitions of "width" & "height". 128 units is exactly the size of a single white grid node in the world editor. In other words: a model should fill a single white grid node.
  • Each model must be facing southwards. Check attachment 4 to see what I mean with "south"
  • Each model must be centered. Check attachment 5 to see what I mean with the model's "center"
  • All models must "fit" together. Don't start mixing "grey" walls with "sunken ruins" walls. Obvious requirement is obvious.

I will probably need even more doodads (more variations, different types of doodads, other themes, but I can't be too greedy. I'll be happy to get these 8 models first.

Attachments

• in-game-1.jpg
    in-game-1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 438
  • in-game-2.jpg
    in-game-2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 411
  • sketchup.jpg
    sketchup.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 560
  • sketchup-2.jpg
    sketchup-2.jpg