• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hole in the wall doodad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am currently working on a dungeon map and wanted to combine several underground themes. Since "man-made" and "natural" cliffs violently disagree when you try to put them next to each other, I decided to create several cave entrances to transport the characters between parts of the dungeon. But here is the problem.

You see, the "Underground" props do contain several "cliffside with cave entrance" doodads. However, all of them are at least slightly diagonal. This looks fine in natural walls, which aren't supposed to be even.

But the same doesn't work in man-made walls - You get a hole in the wall, as if someone has excavated through it. But there is no way to fit it in a room that has walls at right angles.

holeinthewall.jpg

As you can see, it looks completely unnatural :

1 This is the only way this doodad can be fit into the wall, making it look as if the room had been purposefully built crooked.

2 The fact that the doodad behaves like a wall, 'enforcing' the floor tile type underneath, makes it even worse

So, would anyone here be willing to help? Basically, I need these two features changed. I need it to look like the corner of the room is collapsed from someting busting through a wall. The "Underground" setting has a total of 4 doodads like this - "Cave City Cliff (direction)" and all four have the same problems. I believe many other modders would be happy to see them improved.

Level 51
Well, such a "cave" mostly exists when someone made a hole in the wall. and, when someone came from inside making that hole, the wall might be breaking out a bit? o_O
That would be the only logical solution for me. Anyway, it can't be fixed, since, it's no model that can be edited. It's a texture that...I don't know how they made it, but it'S uneable to edit... (I think, correct me if I'm wrong...)

Status
Not open for further replies.