• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request for a Night Time Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, I would like a trigger made for me that transforms the night into a realistic night (much darker than it is seen in the game), without affecting the day time lighting.

Thanks!
You cannot use a trigger to make what you want but, instead, you need a dnc model. I think there are some dnc somewhere that makes the night darker, but they probably change even the standard day light, try something like these(I don't know if they have darker nights, just try them and you will find out, these are the only dnc that i was able to find):
HappyTauren's dnc;
ILH's dnc.
If you don't like these and you want something made with triggers about this problem, the only thing that I can think of is using filters. Something like this:
  • Darker Nights 1
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 18.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 120.00 seconds using Normal Blending on texture White Mask, starting with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 100.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 25.00% transparency
  • Darker Nights 2
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 24.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 120.00 seconds using Normal Blending on texture White Mask, starting with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 25.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 100.00% transparency

Level 7
Hi thanks for the reply.
The first model is the one I actually have (but is screwing with day time lighting)
Second one I don't know how to make it work (I tried replacing the name in the script inside the trigger but it gives me an error)
Your filter triggers don't work.

Level 6
Second one I don't know how to make it work (I tried replacing the name in the script inside the trigger but it gives me an error)
It worked for me. Try this:
  • Custom script: call SetDayNightModels( "war3mapImported\\DNCAnimated2.mdx", "war3mapImported\\DNCAnimated2.mdx" )
Your filter triggers don't work.
Does your game start in a night game-time? If yes, the filter triggers that I gave you won't work for the first night of the game. I can fix that but you should tell me at what game-time your game needs to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.