• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

REQUEST - 13 Colored tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, i would like to request 13 different colored tiles, 1 color for each player and 1 black, i tried to do this by myself:

i found a black tile in this pack, imported it and it works, but when i made a red colored tile and imported it, but it displays wierdly:

(look at my attachment)

in my attachment i want these colored tiles to display in a grid, like the upper part of the image, but it becomes to big in the grid i made, and on the black it becomes too small, i want it to be the same size as the green square that you have when you place tiles..

can anyone help me with this?

Attachments

• grid.jpg
    grid.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 127
Level 18
why don't you use images? make some colored images, save them as .tga and import them into your map and use them with a fitting view angle, done. pretty simple and should be enough for your needs, also it's better instead of doing tiles for it. The tiles are limited to a specific amount, when you use so many diff. colored tiles you won't be able to terrain anymore.. else you want to use those black,red,green, etc. tiles... so images are the better choice

I tried a different way. I picked the model IconBase.mdx (don't remember its creator, sorry) and then created destructables. Each destructable will have a different Art - Replaceable Texture File. Then, I got the player colors which are rooted within ReplaceableTextures\TeamColor. Each player is having their own number: ReplaceableTextures\TeamColor\TeamColor00.blp = Red, ReplaceableTextures\TeamColor\TeamColor01.blp = Blue and so on.

In the test map, I created the first five players' colored squares. Go on with the rest ones.

Attachments

• Team Colors.jpg
    Team Colors.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Team Colored Instances.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 57
Level 3
i dont need to terrain, the only terrain i have at the beginning is just black, and then im gonna change the terrain to different colors in-game..

i tried making a .tga image, but im having trouble displaying the image in-game since i have never worked with images before, and the image i made is alot bigger than a the tile i made, the tile was like 14kb but the image is 128kb...

i dont really care what method i use, as long as the imports have low filesize and they work as i want!

Edit: i think i will go with Pharaoh_'s idea, as far as i can tell Pharaoh_'s idea is just what i want, and it contains only 1 import, with the size of only 2kb! thank you vry much Pharaoh_!

Status
Not open for further replies.