• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replicated units/items select similar items at WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Im curious if someone also experience this problem. When i copy and paste the same items/units, the world editor (1.31.1) seem to select both, or not at all. I hate when it happens because i cannot place the unselectable item at the world editor

I posted it here.
Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

(I attached a video for comparison. Both tests use the same map therefore same objects)

Here i attach two videos, one is when i use the world editor (from 1.31.1).
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attach...3/?temp_hash=92d6b1bc43e48e66adfb571a47a96da1

And one from JNGP (1.27b)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attach...5/?temp_hash=92d6b1bc43e48e66adfb571a47a96da1

Edit: Bug doesnt seem to appear at 1.30, this is definitely a 1.31 WE bug.

Attachments

• JNGP-bandicam 2019-06-14 02-02-09-486.avi
    9.6 MB · Views: 41
  • WRLDEDIT-bandicam 2019-06-14 02-00-28-087.avi
    9.1 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Lol no i am not even trying to install Newgen to 1.31. What i mean is 1.31+ patch seem to have broken the item/objects palette, when you try to copy paste similar items some objects can't just be selected (see the video) whereas using 1.30 or lower (in this case i reinstalled my 1.27b patched game backup from my HDD) it worked. I downloaded the 1.30 patched game backup posted by someone here (i used my CD keys to run it) and the problem doesn't seem to happen anymore, i believe 1.31+ WE has broken it.

I will probably stick to 1.30 for now (i dont play at Battlenet anyway) until they fix this problem.

Last edited:
You mentioned something about JNPG. The question was, did you save the map with that editor too before continuing on the official editor? That might be an issue.
Shouldn't the new World Editor atleast recognize, or should be compatible with the old/legacy maps? They can't just ruin legacy maps when running the latest patch's WE.

:<

I had this same issue with terrain tiles in the 1.31.1 WE after converting my map from the 1.29 JNPG. Closing and re-opening the palette solved it for me.
Doesn't work on mine i just did that, the editor's palette seem to be confused when the objects are based on the same object. I am currently running patch 1.30 (temporarily) and the problem does not exist in this patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.