• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replicate ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need help making a function like metamorphosis but u select the hero u turn into. U still retain all ur abilities bt just look like the target unit u have replicated for a duration. The caster keeps all its items etc bt just looks like the target unit. any ideas? there are replicate abilities bt they are buggy and almost turn u into the target of the ability, as u get all there items and abilities etc. I just need a unit to look like the target for a duration.

Level 6
they are buggy and almost turn u into the target of the ability
because that is the only way. if this ability is cast by only one unit in the game and there are only a few models (=unit appearances) that unit can assume, you could make multi-level metamorphosis (and make an alternative unit-type for EVERY enemy hero-type in the game)...

if you want your hero to retain his abilities, that is (variations aside) the only way. sorry.

Level 5
is there no way to trigger multiple units into the metamorphosis? land have it select a random model unit everytime it is activated? like the hex ability varies from all the little critters cud it maybe based off of something like that?

OK i got it working based off hex. But is there anyway to stop the spell from disabling ur abilities? Take the disable out of hex?

Level 5
since i there was no reply...
maybe a different approach.
Is there a simple trigger to turn ur unit into the target of the ability? If so how could i make this hero have all the same stats and abilities as my hero at that level? Wud i have to make several seperate 'replicated' heros with different model files, and then when the unit is targeted the 'replicated' hero will be made using the seperate hero. How could i make this have a timed limit? If this is at all possible
transfering all items ofcourse

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Simple, when a dummy spell that targets nothing is cast by the hero you want to change, you hide the hero and change its owner to another non controable player like neutral passive. You then decide which hero you want it to turn into, if its random you make a random system, otherwise if the player can choose you just use the variable containing the players desired unit type. Then you make it create the selected hero type at the location of where the other hero was hid, this gets you your looks. Finnaly you add the abilities to it and set their levels to what the orignal hero had, and also set the new heroes stats to what the old hero was (level included).

After this your hero transformation system is done, but to revert. . .
You will need to, appon finishing morphing, add a expiration timer to the unit via triggers with the type of metomorphisis so the text is correct. When that timer expires, you remove that dummy hero and then fetch the old orignal hero back to the player. Then you move it to the facing of the dummy and the location of the dummy hero and set its exp and stats to what the dummies was to prevent exp loss.

Although this sounds rather complex, it actually is very simple.

Level 5
would this require me making several dummy replicated heros to turn into, one for each possible replicate?

how would i keep this on a score board.

sorry asking for alot, but i really need actual help writing the trigger as i am useless.
forget that i did the first part, just need help setting the levels of the abilities and the level of the dummy replicated unit to the levels of the casting unit.<----tried this but it doesnt work, u gtta relearn all the abilities
lol last edit now, i got it to set all the stuff to the level of the caster, nw hw do i get the caster back after the set time?When the timer runs out the dummy just dies, and nothing else happens, i set ti to unhide caster and change ownership back to owner of caster , and set it to be moved to the dummies loc on expiration or death. but it dusnt work.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hw do i make the dummy learn the casters abilities?, and there is no expiration timer as metamorphosis, the dummy just dies when it expires. Got the caster to return tho

ths is hw far iv got, ty to the Dr.
  • rEPLICATE
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Replicate
    • Actions
      • Unit - Hide (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Casting unit) to Neutral Passive and Change color
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Blood Mage 0001 <gen>
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Paladin-Bloodmage for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 30.00 second Force Of Nature expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Last created unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Last created unit): Set to (Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Last created unit): Set to (Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))
          • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last created unit): Set to (Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))
          • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Casting unit)), Hide level-up graphics
          • Hero - Set (Last created unit) experience to (Hero experience of (Casting unit)), Hide level-up graphics
          • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 1) to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 2) to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 3) to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 4) to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 5) to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 6) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set life of (Last created unit) to (Life of (Casting unit))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Casting unit) Equal to (Learning Hero)) and ((Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Blink)
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Learn skill for (Last created unit): Blink
              • Unit - Set level of Blink for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Evasion for (Casting unit))
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
          • Unit - Set mana of (Last created unit) to (Percentage mana of (Casting unit))
          • Unit - Set level of Endurance Aura for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Evasion for (Casting unit))
          • Unit - Set level of Devotion Aura for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Evasion for (Casting unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Unit - Unhide (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Casting unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
      • Unit - Change color of (Last created unit) to (Color of (Owner of Blood Mage 0001 <gen>))
      • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to (Position of (Last created unit)), facing Default building facing degrees
cnt get the dummy to learn the same skills as the caster, see the hopeless code, and need the dummy to dissapear instead of die on expiration.will set the casters stats to that of the dummy after metamorphosis later, just need this sorted, ty for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
I have got the dummy to learn and level the abilities to that of the caster, i will do the reverse later for the caster to learn levels of the abilities of the dummy. But now i really just need to get the caster back after the expiration time, and need a way of removing the dummy.Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.