• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing Item Same Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
How to actually replace (basically, I remove the item and create a new one) an item in the exact same slot after it was created ?

Situation:
I used an ability (via Item) and when it detects, it changes that item (Item A) to new item (Item B) and I want Item B to be moved in the exact location as Item A position in the inventory.

Basically I found this function:
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot 1
But what Integer should I put there ?
Is there any function that GetLastRemovedItemSlot or something ?

EDIT:
This system is meant for more than 1 items on a single unit.
Meaning that a unit can possess Item A more than 1.

Level 33
That's just basically... what the GUI function above did.

I need to know what Integer should I put in order for me to replace the item with the same exact inventory slot as Item A.

Example:
You have Item A at slot 4, and when this item is activated, I will remove Item A and create Item B and will move Item B to the same slot as Item A (which in this case, is slot 4).

How do I know which slot is the last removed/etc item ?

Level 8
That's just basically... what the GUI function above did.

I need to know what Integer should I put in order for me to replace the item with the same exact inventory slot as Item A.

Example:
You have Item A at slot 4, and when this item is activated, I will remove Item A and create Item B and will move Item B to the same slot as Item A (which in this case, is slot 4).

How do I know which slot is the last removed/etc item ?

GUI doesnt got that function :vw_sad:
In gui, you need 2 actions to do that, 1. Create item. 2. Order unit move to A slot

• (Item-type of (Item carried by Unit in slot 1)) Equal to Tome of Experience // Run loop

Level 33
I made the edit.

NOTE: This system allows you to have more than 1 same item.

I already know how to tackle the problem if the item is unique, meaning that you can only have 1 item of that type per unit.

But since it allows more than 1 same item per unit, you can't really use that.

Because if I have 2 Item A (slot 1 | slot 4)
The condition will evaluate slot 1 first before going to slot 4 (therefore the item replaced occurs at slot 1, while I activated it at slot 4)

Therefore, you can't really use that method/approach.

Level 33
That condition seems to solve the problem, yipeee :)
How can I miss that small condition...

Anyway, the function in post #2 really not in GUI, because I overlooked it, that function is 2 in 1, right ?
Create and Move, whereas if in GUI, that's a pain ass, 2 lines of actions.

Okay, here's the trigger code if you want to see it:
  • CR Event
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to RingOfHealth
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer LoopingInteger) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item being manipulated) Equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot LoopingInteger)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                  • Custom script: call UnitAddItemToSlotById(GetTriggerUnit(), 'I000', udg_LoopingInteger)
                  • Skip remaining actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to RingOfMana
            • Then - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Item being manipulated) Equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot LoopingInteger)
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Custom script: call UnitAddItemToSlotById(GetTriggerUnit(), 'I001', udg_LoopingInteger)
                      • Skip remaining actions
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

Level 8
That condition seems to solve the problem, yipeee :)
How can I miss that small condition...

Anyway, the function in post #2 really not in GUI, because I overlooked it, that function is 2 in 1, right ?
Create and Move, whereas if in GUI, that's a pain ass, 2 lines of actions.

Okay, here's the trigger code if you want to see it :

or you can use

• CR Event - EGUI
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to RingOfHealth
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hero - Give (Triggering unit) a Tome of Experience in slot LoopingInteger
                  • Skip remaining actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to RingOfMana
            • Then - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Hero - Give (Triggering unit) a Tome of Experience in slot LoopingInteger
                      • Skip remaining actions
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

Level 33
(Triggering unit) never leak before, where do you find this information saying that native is leak ?
If you are using local variable of unit, well, yes it will leak because we have to null it, but this is native function, it won't leak.

Level 14
I got fool by people in native forum :ogre_icwydt: :ogre_icwydt:

And where is this "native forum"?

@defskull

I'll try to search with you for usefull natives. Can't gaurantee you that I'll find it though :/

EDIT: when you remove an item from the unit can't you save the slot the item was in?
Hashtables perhaps?

EDIT2: Might this native be of any use?:
JASS:
native UnitItemInSlot takes unit whichUnit, integer itemSlot returns item

EDIT3: How did you remove the item? with UnitRemoveItem? What about using UnitRemoveItemFromSlot?

EDIT4: lol I overlooked this thread big time, I see you've already solved it. I should really learn to read before posting...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.