• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replaceable ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm trying to make a highly customized menu system for my map. I want to use the same model for each button, but use a different texture. I've been trying to do this by having many textures, 1 model, and on that model it has it's texture set to Replaceable texture 4 (i just picked 4, nothing special about it) and I just make a new doodad for every different texture that has to go on a button and assign the texture in there.

However, whenever I do this, and reopen world editor to refresh the model and everything, it immediately crashes upon trying to load the map with the model in it. It works fine until I change the model's texture to a replaceable one.

EDIT: Ok it also crashes if I set the texture path to one of my textures (ie GameMode.blp).

EDIT2: Ok I'm thinking it MIGHT be a problem with my texture. Would a texture of 512x64 be acceptable to use in warcraft 3? All dimensions are powers of 2, but I don't know if that one side being 8x as long as the other is gonna cause some kind of hell on earth.

EDIT3: Problem found. The program I used to convert from tga to blp seems to make bad files for models. When I converted with War3ModelEditor, they worked just fine. The ones converted with BLPconv crash the game. (but they work in my loading screen! :confused: )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.