• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Replace unit type without affecting triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to change a unit's model via a trigger. As such it seems that the only way to do so is well, replace it with another unit. My question now is, how can I replace the unit without damaging triggers that refer to the unit.

Just a random example:
unit xxf dies event
defeat all players action

how can I replace "unit xxf" so that the unit type changes but triggers still refer to it without breaking?

Level 24
I know IcemanBo but if you just use the regular bear form/crow form/tinker transform you will have a delay in the replacement. Next to that, the unit may not (otherwise he would have used transform ability) activate it by himself. It may only be activated under certain conditions.
If you give someone the ability to transform, then tell the unit to transform and remove the ability once the unit is transformed, you will have a problem if the unit gets stunned, silenced, etc.

I had both problems before and was told the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.