• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Repair Structures without Building/Repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
As far as my experiments have lead me, a unit can only repair a structure if it has the ability Repair or Repair (Human) as well as be capable of building at least one building, even if that building is set to disabled under Scenario -> Techtree.

I want to have a unit that can repair buildings but not build any, have the build buildings button or repair button show up. The repair button is not a huge annoyance and I can deal with it, but I don't want the build building button there at all if I can help it.

Are there any way to hide these two buttons? I tried putting Repair in a disabled Spellbook but that didn't work since it wasn't a passive skill.

I also tried taking off any buildings he could build and giving the unit the Build (Human) ability, but it wouldn't take.

Level 6
You create too many threads. Pick up your questions and make one thread, containing them all. In order to remove the Build button, simply make your units not build any structures. Scroll to Tecthtree -> Structures built and delete them.

Sorry for the too many threads. I am constantly having problems with all sorts of things and the questions are all about different things so I figured I needed different threads for them.

And doing that causes the unit to no longer be able to build buildings. Like I said It needs at least one buildable structure to build anything, even if you disable that one building under techtree it wont get rid of the build buildings button.

I want a unit that can construct buildings that are already placed but have no buildings of his own that he can build. The Repair ability alone won't let a unit build an already placed structure.

EDIT: Well now I have another question but I don't want to make a new thread about it because you warned me about that but searching old ones yielded nothing. I can give a unit the 'Build (Human) ability, but I can't find this ability anywhere. Are there some hidden abilities and if so how do I unhide them?

Last edited:
Well, you can't have whatever you imagine. Warcraft III and any engine/console has limitations. In order to do that, simply do as I said and use abilities to build the structures.
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Build Barracks
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Create 1 Barracks for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point1 facing default building degrees
    • Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s birth animation
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Level 6
That's doing the complete opposite of what I need, I already have a system for placing the buildings and all that, what I need is for the unit to construct it, not for a building to be placed for me already completed. All I am looking for is hiding the build buildings and/or repair buttons while still retaining the ability to construct buildings that have already been placed. Nothing else.

That and how to find Build (Human) since it can be placed as an ability but I can't find it under any of the editor ability lists. When you go 'Create New Custom Ability', it is simply not there or any other list save for choosing abilities on units. Same with more common ones like Locust.

Anyways, I worked out a new system that lets me get around this way. Its a little more complex but I can't help that part. My new system has you place items on the door, then use the hammer item on it, and it imobilizes the builder and make him play the attack animation while it does an upgrade until complete or canceled. Immitation building.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.