• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Removing Unused Models and Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey all

So I've been working on a series of maps that I'd like to use for a custom campaign, with maps like Hearthglen and Caverns of Time. I've been using UTM 4.0 to create these maps, but I'd like to reduce their size in order to use them in the campaign and also make uploading easier.

I know how to remove unused models, but how do I know which imported textures are used by certain models and which aren't?

I'd really appreciate it if someone has a solution for this, seeing as most of the maps' size is also attributed to imported textures and images that could be deleted.

Thank you in advance.

Level 14
Because the number of models which not using any separated textures is more than using ones. :D So all you have to do is remove any textures to see if any models which no longer work, then...well you keep that process until you have a list of which ones you need or not. :D

Level 14
this is very tedious, I do it by exporting all models to a folder, then manually load them into magos or convert them to .mdl to check for every model.
In theory you could write a script that does evaluate them for you, but you have to be able to ^^.
Unregret's method would work, but you have to reopen the editor to be sure, so I always export the models and check them manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.