• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing rally icon(FIXED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
so i know that with a simple trigger i can remove the rally ability completely from a building when its being constructed and after it is constructed, but i was wondering if there is a way to remove just the icon, like have it hidden, but still be able to use rally. the icon gets in the way with most of my buildings because they have a lot of units or upgrades or both and no matter where i have it placed it is in the way of something thus moving the rest of the icons. but i want to be able to set a rally point for buildings.

Level 11
Crazy idea: Bump the rally ability off the command card (or hide it with 0,-11), catch smart orders from the building with triggers (perhaps by giving it movement?), and use the Unit - Set Rally Point of Unit actions to simulate the rally ability's regular functionality.

Level 3
Crazy idea: Bump the rally ability off the command card (or hide it with 0,-11), catch smart orders from the building with triggers (perhaps by giving it movement?), and use the Unit - Set Rally Point of Unit actions to simulate the rally ability's regular functionality.
not quiet sure how i would hide the button
when setting the icon position i cant use the '-' button, or put it in the negatives at all.
im not very skilled at all with using triggers and stuff but what it sounds like youre saying for the next part would be to make a trigger that would then set the rally point of a unit, is there a way to do that by right clicking when the building is selected, something like
if barracks is selected
then if the player issues a move command
set rally point where the player right clicks or where the move command was issued

Status
Not open for further replies.