• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

remove Shade from model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello there,
i edited some models from wc3 (i cant even say what my base model was) to create new walls, columns etc.
Now i have the problem, that some of my models have a shadow when there shouldn't be one (like in the attached picture).
Is it possible to remove the shade without redoing the whole model? (because i have this problem with not only one model and it was a lot of work to get to this point now..).

Attachments

• ugly_shade.jpeg
    ugly_shade.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 167
Level 17
you can also make them unshaded, create a new material layer with small 8x8 texture tinted appropriately and set to modulate.
then just create stand alternate sequence in which the visibility of the material layer would be on and make a trigger to play this sequence on night (you can play the animation of all the doodads of the selected type through the whole map).
also this way you can easily control the color of objects during night, if wc3 lighting creates an undesired effect.

the major issue though is not night but complete absence of mesh lighting, the mesh will look flat and there won't be any lights applied from omni lights like the torches etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.