• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Remove Minimap Boundary Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, is there any possible way to remove white and gray boundary lines that can be seen in the in-game mini-map?

204280-albums7652-picture106372.png

In the mini-map you can see a white rectangular and two straight lines at the bottom and the top. I want those removed (or hidden), is it possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time the map size became bigger the minimap boundary get smaller, but remove in it I won't be so sure but I know you can change the minimap preview.

Mini-map preview isn't even related to in-game mini-map it only shows up in the lobby and loading screen. Increasing the size of the map wont hide it, It still can be seen.

Ok, I found a very creative way of removing the rectangular and the lines from the mini-map. Basically I used the ping model, because ping model is always on top of the mini-map. So I edited ping model in the model editor, created trigger that runs when menu is enabled to ping the mini-map. Thus successfully hiding everything under the ping to black.

Also edited the upper interface to be black. As crappy the interface handling and editing in Warcraft 3 is, it's always nice to find limited workarounds.

This issue has been solved.

Attachments

• DaoMenu.png
    DaoMenu.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.