• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Regrowth.png
brings back to life a soul of nearby friendly dead unit as an Ent and heals all allies around the corpse.

hey guys, that's the spell I'm gonna make it is simple but annoying for me, I tried to use replace unit to make a it simple, here:
  • [/COLOR]
  • Regrowth
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Regrowth
    • Actions
      • Set unit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Replace unit with a Ent using The new unit's max life and mana
but it replaces the caster with a new unit, I think it's because I based ability on Resurrection. now I want to base it on channel but I got a problem! how can I pick only 1 dead unit?

Level 21
you don't need to trigger the ent part of this.

just create an ability based on Raise dead, and change the following fields:

data - unit type
data - units summoned (the amount)

stats- targets allowed. - set this to [air, ground, dead, friend] (the settings from paladin's resurrection that only targets allies)

stats - buff - create a custom buff and set it here (otherwise the minion will have the "skeletal minion" timeout bar on it).

stats -duration - this is where you determine how long before the minion expires. if you want it to be permanent just set this to 0. (and then you don't need the buff)

and then just create a trigger that detects when a treant is spawned (and if you have other things that spawn treants like vanilla KOTG than make sure you have some conditions that differentiate.) and heal all friendly units in radius.

good luck!

Level 21
I don't want my spell to be auto-casting so can't base it on raise dead (Also my unit already has spells based on raise dead, Carrion Beetles, Spirit of Vengeance 'cause he's a summoner)

if for some reason Nichilus's solution doesn't work for you and still want to trigger this -

have your channel ability be an instant ability (not targeting anything).

in your trigger - detect dead friendly units in range of the caster.
chose one of them (the closest one? randomly? wtvr) and then remove it and create the unit you want on it's location.

(i think it is kind of tricky to directly target dead units using channel and not one of the abilities that are hardcoded to do that, but this solution should work anyways.)

Status
Not open for further replies.