• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Regarding the In Game Mini-map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello again!

I need help regarding the mini-map.

Is there a way to remove everything that moves in it? Like...
- The rectangular outline that moves with your camera angle.
- The icons that move around it units heroes and even static icons.

Level 21
I always wondered if you can do something about the rectangular camera outline on the minimap.
Other than that basically everything that's in the game interface section can be overwritten with a transparent dummy file.

Level 10
I always wondered if you can do something about the rectangular camera outline on the minimap.
Other than that basically everything that's in the game interface section can be overwritten with a transparent dummy file.

I managed to remove everything and filled the map with black. The only thing I could not remove was the rectangular outline. One solution I used was to import a white 256x256 minimap image. Voila no more white outline. But then it's still pretty patchy. Wish there was someway to remove it.

I've been thinking if it has a texture or if it's a model that we can overwrite.

Level 11
Don't think so. There are line rendering features in many graphics engines that don't use textures nor polygons, and I'm pretty sure it uses that (same with the selection box when drag selecting units).

It's ugly to have it all white but the patchiness you described might come from a mostly transparently layer of black which is the fog of war.

With some testing I figured that fog of war color actually comes from the UI art that's around your minimap. Although the exact transparency isn't changeable.
UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile01.blp

If you make that part white as well, it might be completely white and unchanging.

Attachments

• copy.jpg
    copy.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.