• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Regarding base building in custom campaigns.

Base building

• Base sharing 1

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Base sharing 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Separate bases

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Not sure if this is where I post this, but I'm interested to get some feedback. I'm currently working on a co-op campaign and I'm curious as to what the WC3 community actually prefers in regards to base building.

My ideas are:

Base sharing 1: Bases and resources are shared among both players, units that player one trains belong to him and units that player 2 trains belong to player 2. (a bitch to code, but possible)

Base sharing 2: bases are shared but resources are not, each resource drop gives half resources to both players, same idea as above in regards to unit training.

Separate bases: Bases are separate, researches and upgrades are shared. Units can be given to players by using the "Team swap" command on units interface. Resources are separate with two gold mines.

Feel free to throw ideas out there.

Level 8
Separate bases but with options to merge either resources or units (3).
And, if you are not doing a melee type campaing you may want to read further:
Option (3) provides autonomy for the players (which might choose to do merge/trade or not at all) and the possibility to be creative, by creating some system or interface to allow for a smooth/innovative trade of units/resources, should the circumstances call for it (ie. a market system that allows to create trading caravans/carts; an aereal dropship that drops units/resources), instead of just impossing it. As i noted, this might not be what your aiming tho. Also there may be some implicit coding to apply such systems.

Please apologize my not so good english.

Status
Not open for further replies.