• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged Classic rips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Could anyone who patched to Reforged extract voices of female Demon Hunter and Death Knight for me please?
Their Classic icons and models would also be nice, but not necessary.
Thanks in advance!

Level 21
Sorry if this question is off-topic, but are those of us who don't own Reforged even allowed to use exported assets? If yes, I'ma ask someone to export all sounds; I'm especially curious about new sound sets (female versions of DH, DK and Centaurs, Spider Crabs, etc.)

Last edited:
Ripping Warcraft Reforged resources to Warcraft III classic is no different from what this community have been doing for the past 18 years, we've been ripping WOW, Starcraft, even Warcraft III itself, for years. I guess more than half of the resources in the model sections are models ripped from the MPQ and edited by someone. Even if you rip or not rip models from their games Blizzard still owns your map and the contents in it anyway, so just do what you want, just comply with Hiveworkshop rules and you should be good. So far Hiveworkshop's allowing WOW and Starcraft rips so Reforged rips should be allowed too, the only thing that's not allowed is you using rips from other games unless you have the permission from the developers (like Iceborn v1.9).

Here you go, freshly extracted from Reforged Editor. Demon Hunter and Death Knight voices. (These are pain in the ass to extract, I can't see these files in the CASC so I went straight to the Editor > Sound Editor instead and extracted 21 + 45 flacs one by one). Let me know if I exported the right dialogs or the wrong ones.

Attachments

• Demon Hunter and Death Knight Sounds.zip
    9 MB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Level 9
Here you go, freshly extracted from Reforged Editor. Demon Hunter and Death Knight voices. (These are pain in the ass to extract, I can't see these files in the CASC so I went straight to the Editor > Sound Editor instead and extracted 21 + 45 flacs one by one). Let me know if I exported the right dialogs or the wrong ones.
Thanks, mate, this is awesome!

Level 50
Ripping Warcraft Reforged resources to Warcraft III classic is no different from what this community have been doing for the past 18 years, we've been ripping WOW, Starcraft, even Warcraft III itself, for years. I guess more than half of the resources in the model sections are models ripped from the MPQ and edited by someone. Even if you rip or not rip models from their games Blizzard still owns your map and the contents in it anyway, so just do what you want, just comply with Hiveworkshop rules and you should be good. So far Hiveworkshop's allowing WOW and Starcraft rips so Reforged rips should be allowed too, the only thing that's not allowed is you using rips from other games unless you have the permission from the developers (like Iceborn v1.9).

What about the models? Can we somehow convert them so we can use them in wc3 classic?

Level 21
There is a way to use Reforged models in Classic Wc3. I just got some models. I can even open them in Magos and view their animations. :)

Edit: I do not own Reforged version.
I know some people were complaining about unnecessary Reforged data being downloaded on their computers, so does this mean that everyone who patches to the latest version gets the Reforged resources, or did you have to ask someone who bought Reforged to extract the models for you?

Last edited:
Level 50
I know some people were complaining about unnecessary Reforged data being downloaded on their computers, so does this mean that everyone who patches to the latest version gets the Reforged resources, or did you have to ask someone who bought Reforged to extract the models for you?
From what I saw, the Chinese are extracting the models using Casc and import them in 3ds max, so no, you don't have to buy Reforged to have the models, since through Casc you can see the models using online base.

Level 9

how can i use them , while Classic , need mp3 ,can you guide ?

As far as I know there is no converter that can convert Reforged .mdx (both HD models and SD models) to classic just yet. If there was already I'm pretty sure people would have started using them.

Let's hope Taylor Mouse will finish his Reforged to Classic converter.
Retera's Model Studio is able to convert MDX 1000 models to MDX 800 although this should only be used for classic models since MDX 800 doesn't support the HD material layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.