• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Texturing] "classic-colored" Reforged Cairne skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
more of a general request than asking for something for a project, but hear me out.

back when the public beta for WC3Reforged was going on, there were a couple of changed things from the current live build. one of them was Cairne's texture colors resembling his old classic look; in live he's colored similarly to the regular tauren chieftain unit. the older skin was even shown off in one of the "behind the scenes" articles before launch (which ended up using the colors in the second picture).

Mgqiz1s.jpg

0SC5g4p.png

i don't know if anyone has any of the older build files on hand, but if so, is it possible for the old Cairne skin to be extracted? failing that, someone could possibly recreate the old "classic-colored" reforged skin using the first picture as a reference.

not a fan of the reforged visuals so i don't think i'd end up using the skin myself, but i'm sure there's people who'd be interested in having reforged Cairne with the older colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.