• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reference secondary etc. targets of multi-target spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have a spell healing wave based on stats, but I am only able to reference the first unit hit by it via triggers not the other targets. So only the first unit hit is healed.

What is the best solution?

Level 5
I don't know if there is a faster way to do it but here is how i would do it.
First you cast healing wave and it hit 1 target
then create dummy unit on target location, and let it cast another healing wave to random target from the dummy position
make the healing from triggers so healing wave should not heal it is just a dummy, if you want it to jump more times just do it again spawn 1 dummy from the next target and let it cast healing wave to random target.

You need to make the dummy spawn on the target each time to make it look like healing wave, but the random target could be from the position of caster.

and to make sure it doesn't hit the same target twice just add the targets to unit group and make a condition to not be in that group.

Level 24
Alternatively~

if you don't mind ditching lightning effects

Try this spell in the spell section
Chain Spell Template - By Stonebludgeon

Instead of lightning effects it using a dummy missile, which may be a swing or miss for you. (just use faerie missile!)
It doesn't inherently have stat damage option but the damage is referenced to the original caster via hastables so you should be able to easily add in a reference at the start of the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.