• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reducing attack damage of illusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
what i want, is to reduce the damage of the illusions by a % and thus the whole thing might be replaceable by some other ability. if so, then please tell me which ability can replace the critical strike. (i would prefer if there weren't units casting this ability)
so far i have tried: Critical Strike
But it seems impossible to be added to the illusions

one last thing: can anyone give me some kind of a list of the abilities that can be added to illusions after their creation?

thanks in advance

Level 4
what i want, is to reduce the damage of the illusions by a % and thus the whole thing might be replaceable by some other ability. if so, then please tell me which ability can replace the critical strike. (i would prefer if there weren't units casting this ability)
so far i have tried: Critical Strike
But it seems impossible to be added to the illusions

one last thing: can anyone give me some kind of a list of the abilities that can be added to illusions after their creation?

thanks in advance

What? Or you can just change the data... lol

Level 12
Are you asking for reducing illusion's power after they created or you want to create less powerfull illusions.

Level 12
I am almost sure illusions can use critical strike, let me check.

Edit:Weird, it doesn't work when you added it after, instead of critical strike use a command aura with negative bonus.

Level 3
nah it doesnt work as it is considered as bonus damage and thus not counted at all or something like that :(
is it possible to achieve this through the GDD system?
I mean like, is there a way to prevent death of some units at certain scenarios? (if so then, how?)

Level 3
what do you mean that there is a condition to check if a unit is an illusion?
i mean like where is it?
are you referring to the gameplay constants? (i would prefer it is not this way :S)
what kind of difference would the DDS make in this case? (will consider to change to this but until then...)

Level 12
nah it doesnt work as it is considered as bonus damage and thus not counted at all or something like that :(
is it possible to achieve this through the GDD system?
I mean like, is there a way to prevent death of some units at certain scenarios? (if so then, how?)

Hmm I can't test now, but it shows "-" damage but not works?

Status
Not open for further replies.