• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Recruitment for The Town Burgler [Original Map Idea]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The Town Burgler

Information:
This idea has sprung p in my head spontaneously recently. It's simply a survival, yet a laid back game at a same time. How is this possible, you ask? You're suppose to keep your house reinforced, and thieves will be raiding you!
Yet, you can sit there and chill in this same game.

Game Background:
What I wanted to do, was to design a city. Similar to LOAP, or Real Life [for Morons]. This city will have jobs, and towns laid out within the town limits. There will be empty houses that you (the player) will get to choose. You'll get some cash in the beginning to put stuff within your house. Your house will simply start out with only ONE room. You can expand/unlock more rooms to your house (there are rooms within the house) when you have more money. Once everyone has gotten a house, you can go out and get a job like in LOAP. You can only work during the daytime, when the stores are open. Daytime will only last 10 minutes (hoping to find someone that can do triggers so that you can customize the time to what you like, like 15 minutes instead of 10.) so work hard and get that money! During the day, you'll be working or simply shopping. When you're shopping, you can buy things to decorate your household, or buy a better security system. Decorating your house is a very important part of this game, because this will generate a 2ND CURRENCY! [Probably Popularity, or something] and you can use this 2nd currency to purchase better defense and such that you cannot buy with gold!

Here's the catch, when it's night time, the town you're living in is notorious for it's burglers. Now, if you were smart, you most likely installed a security system when you first bought your house. Also, if you've expanded your house, it'll be harder to defend because there are more openings (windows, duh.) but it will be worth it. The security system will be a variety of things. From screaming alarms that can make any burgler go deaf, to blinding security lights installed around your house.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! If you're shopping and such during the daytime, and you don't make it back to your house in time (there will be a trigger saying you dropped your key somewhere and lost it) you'll be locked out. If you're locked out, the burglers will break into your house, and steal (destroying your "Secret stash") your Credit cards, your Social Security, your license, all that good stuff. Once you've had these things stolen from you, the game ends right there. You're no longer you anymore, someone has taken your identity. If you survive the night (6 minutes long) you'll see the light of day again. Than you can go out, do your job, and upgrade more stuff. Chill with your friends, etc.

Features I'm hoping to have:
  • Customizable difficulty - Choosing how long the day/night cycles last.
  • Limits on items in each room - Why're you going to have 5 Plasma screen TVs in one room?
  • Banking/Robbery System - Collecting interest/Cry due to money loss
  • Many unique stores
  • Unique Jobs
  • and many more..

Recruiting:
  1. Terrainer (Designing the map) - [Position occupied by Phruit, HELP REQUIRED]
  2. Trigger Manager - [Position occupied by Editor]
  3. Unit Manager (Helps manage unit, gives ideas for more units/makes them) - [Position occupied by Phruit] [EMPTY]
  4. Artist (Makes loading screen and map icon) - [Position occupied by Phruit]
  5. Testers/Idea Makers (Test out map/give ideas!) - [EMPTY]

Progress:
Terrain: 5%
Trigger: 0%
Units: 0.5%

Current House Templates:
ht.jpg

Now, let me explain more about this.
Every house will have the following rooms in the picture.
Don't worry about knowing what room is what when the game is finished,
because I'll have them labeled by an item with the room name on it, when you purchase the room.

The item will also explain where to purchase items for the current room.
Now, as I was saying, all the houses will have the rooms you see.
But there are certain houses that will have an extra room or two, nothing big.
Unfortunately, they'll also cost more if you buy them at the start.
The house in the screenshot is the average house, it'll only take away half of
your starting money. Bigger houses will take away almost all of it, leaving you
with very little, not even able to pay for a cheap security system without a job.

All houses have their goods and their bads. Oh, and about the windows.
windows are going to be another access point for burglers to break through.
Everytime you purchase a room, it'll come a window, or two.

Imagine how badass your house will look when you turn that empty house
into a disco-dancing fun house!

Note: I'm going to be adding numerous shops for one subject.
For example, say you want to buy a living room set.
I'm going to have one store that sells the average living room
furniture (couch, tv, tables, etc.) and than two other stores
that also sell living room things, but completely different.

Like one might be an 80s store, selling gigantic lava lamps instead
of a Plasma screen TV, funky couches, etc. The other could be a
abstract store, selling weird looking furniture. Fortunately, they're
all the same thing at the same price, just different looks. They will
not benefit you in any way, except make your house look badass
and generate that beloved 2nd currency.

Last edited:
Level 7
wow this sounds like a good idead :)

Idea: (hope you like this)
If the player doesnt survie the night he become a burgler and can rob other players

Level 20
What I wanted to do, was to design a city. Similar to LOAP, or Real Life [for Morons]. This city will have jobs, and towns laid out within the town limits. There will be empty houses that you (the player) will get to choose. You'll get some cash in the beginning to put stuff within your house. Your house will simply start out with only ONE room. You can expand/unlock more rooms to your house (there are rooms within the house) when you have more money. Once everyone has gotten a house, you can go out and get a job like in LOAP. You can only work during the daytime, when the stores are open. Daytime will only last 10 minutes (hoping to find someone that can do triggers so that you can customize the time to what you like, like 15 minutes instead of 10.) so work hard and get that money! During the day, you'll be working or simply shopping. When you're shopping, you can buy things to decorate your household, or buy a better security system.
Like the idea =P
+ I can migth help you with some triggers, im not professional but i know some tricks.

Code:
[SIZE="1"][I]Lets buy a new oven to the Kitchen, there's one for sale for only 99 Gold![/I][/SIZE]

Level 2
according to most ppl, im pretty good w/ gui but idk how id rank next 2 the masters... id b willing 2 help w/ the project - if ur interested or wana c sum work, contact me

I'd be willing to do a full time triggerer position (if needed)

Last edited:
Level 7
sounds like an very interesting idea(might even come play it to tft)
if its a tft map, i know alot about triggers and a decent amount of
terraining :) but u will be the judge of that if you want to work with me

-==edit==- just say if you need me, i'll prob do anything you ask for :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Sorry for not replying lately, my computer has just crashed recently and I've lost everything. Ugh, I'm going to have to restart on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.