• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recommended doodads for a palace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all

I want to create an enterable palace for a playable map and I am tearing my hair out trying to find suitable doodads that I can use to create the palace exterior (i.e. walls, arches, roof, etc.)

The white-ish archway, single column, and double column included with the WE best approximate the aesthetic look that I am aiming for. However, what I really need is a good old fashioned wall consistent with those textures.

I've tried searching for custom models, as well as rotating / pitching some of the default doodads. No joy so far.

Any suggestions?

Level 11
Since you want to make the inside and this outside, and if its a fantasy world, I would suggest Ogre's models since you have everything you need in his map. You can use them to make your map but remember to put his name in Credits.

Will find a link and Edit the post!

Level 4
I checked the Hiveworkshop model section for anything created by anyone with a username starting with Ogre, but nothing came up. If you do find a link, I would greatly appreciate it.

Yes, it is a fantasy setting. I'm using some of Tranquil's castle models, so hopefully that gives you an idea of the sort of look and feel I am aiming for. A wall like Tranquil's with a marble texture would be ideal.

Level 4
Per my OP, I'm looking for a wall with a white-ish marble-like texture. Unless I missed something when checking Ogre's map, every single wall doodad has a dark, brick-like texture.

Level 4
The double column included with WE has the sort of look that I am searching (see attached image). I need a wall with a similar texture and colour.

Attachments

• marble texture.jpg
    marble texture.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 95
Level 4
I don't really want a wall of columns. I would prefer a flatter surface that looks like it was made out of marble blocks.

I know there is a small wall in WE that looks like the block at the top of the columns in the image that I attached, but it doesn't scale well. If I try increasing the size, the texture starts to disorientate and become blurry. And keeping it a small size is prohibitive since I would need to use hundreds of them to build a decent set of walls.

Level 4
By the way, I really appreciate your willingness to help me with this - sorry if I sound like a whining kid who wants his cake and eat it (which, basically, I do!)

Level 4
Thank you so much! Most of those are exactly what I am looking for. I seriously don't know how I overlooked them when I originally checked the resource section.

Status
Not open for further replies.