• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Recoloring Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I wanna use some fire based attacks for a hero unit but i wanna have the normal fire blue but how can i do that ? I tried via world editor but it doesn't change anything.

Level 7
You mean like this?

dibujosnm.png

Level 15
I wanna use some fire based attacks for a hero unit but i wanna have the normal fire blue but how can i do that ? I tried via world editor but it doesn't change anything.

I could try doing a recolor for you (if that's what you want), but you might just be able to use the model for the blue fire doodad. Can you explain the "fire based attacks" a bit more?

Level 33
He was saying the "Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Art:"
This can be done my modelling the color of the missile fire from "Abilities\Weapons\RedDragonBreath\RedDragonMissile.mdl" (Black Dragon Whelp...etc etc)
Re-color it to blue, that makes it perfect

Level 14
First - create a custom unit - like peasant. Change "Art Tinting Color 1 (RED)" "Art Tinting Color 2 (BLUE)" "Art Tinting Color 3 (GREEN)" . Do combinations with thoose 3 till you find the perfect combination. Then change "Art - Missile art" to the custom unit you've created and you are ready to go! :) (you can even change the size of the missile because it is a unit :grin: )

Level 33
Are you sure the missile can be re-scale the size of it ?
From the dummy unit, go to Art - Scaling Value, does this field of which you speak of ?
Try it, I don't know if you're speaking by theory BUT I do need some solid evidence on re-scaling the size of the missile varied to the user's need
I tried once, and failed in doing so =D

First - create a custom unit - like peasant. Change "Art Tinting Color 1 (RED)" "Art Tinting Color 2 (BLUE)" "Art Tinting Color 3 (GREEN)" . Do combinations with thoose 3 till you find the perfect combination. Then change "Art - Missile art" to the custom unit you've created and you are ready to go! :) (you can even change the size of the missile because it is a unit :grin: )

since when can custom units be used as a missile on the OE? you cannot set custom units as projectile arts since they are not models... and I've already tried it a couple of times...

anyway, missiles are scaled together with the unit that is using it by default since an option per unit which says Scale Projectiles are set to true by default...

to recolor them, you need to edit the model itself, or use a good missile system...

you can use Magos to edit them, some missiles are easy to recolor (recolorable without editing the textures) like the frost bolt missile, but I dont know about the firelord's missile, I haven't tried it yet...

Level 33
since when can custom units be used as a missile on the OE? you cannot set custom units as projectile arts since they are not models... and I've already tried it a couple of times...

anyway, missiles are scaled together with the unit that is using it by default since an option per unit which says Scale Projectiles are set to true by default...

to recolor them, you need to edit the model itself, or use a good missile system...

you can use Magos to edit them, some missiles are easy to recolor (recolorable without editing the textures) like the frost bolt missile, but I dont know about the firelord's missile, I haven't tried it yet...

I've tried basing my Wagon to deliver a Peasant (real Peasant, with beards) at a targeted unit
It seems working for me.... ?
Why not you ?
But it's weird, the Peasant played its Death animation when hit the target @.@

Uhm, you misunderstood my post...

I can use peasants, fine... but CUSTOM UNITS, not custom models or whatever,, nope... I mean the default models work and also imported ones... and ofc, all models play their death animation upon impact (if they have one...)

by custom units I mean like what CoLd Bon3 is trying to say, make a dummy unit that will be used as a missile art... it wont work since missile arts are models not units...

and the reason why you can't change the missile's size by changing the peasant size in the OE, is because you're editing a UNIT that USES the peasant MODEL and not the model itself

I hope you understood it now... ^_^

(anyway, if you know the difference between a UNIT and a MODEL then you would have understood this by now... ^_^)

Status
Not open for further replies.