• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Colorize Models and keep the old ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i wanna colorize some flames and fire models to blue but i don't know how to do that,because the models from the abilities haven't the color options for example and how can i change a model,copy it and keep the original and it's color?

:confused:

Level 14
You could make a locust unit with the effect you want as a model and change its RGB.
If you want to use it as a missile you have to export the effect with WinMPQ and than edit its texture ( I think there were some tutorials how to do this) and than import the edited model.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Just get a normal unit model (scout tower for example), then change it's model to that of the fire. Then just change its RGB.

This should work.

Level 5
Is this what you wanted?
For the last picture, I re-sized the new blue fire, moved it a little to fit the villagers hands, made the fire loop infinitely and created a new green fire.

Sample map attached.

Model Editor

Attachments

• fire1.png
    fire1.png
    393.1 KB · Views: 23
  • fire2.png
    fire2.png
    433 KB · Views: 59
  • fire3.png
    fire3.png
    351 KB · Views: 25
  • fire4.png
    fire4.png
    366.5 KB · Views: 22
  • fire5.png
    fire5.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 34
  • fire8.jpg
    fire8.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • fire7.jpg
    fire7.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 22
  • firefinal.png
    firefinal.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • Fire Hand.w3x
    19.9 KB · Views: 18
  • FirePillarMedium_Modified_BlueFire.mdx
    2.8 KB · Views: 22
  • FirePillarMedium_Modified_BlueFireSmall.mdx
    2.2 KB · Views: 36
  • FirePillarMedium_Modified_GreenFireSmall.mdx
    2.2 KB · Views: 35
Level 4
yeah that's close to that what i meant thanks,but for example i wanna change the color of a model which is used in a ability like fire breath,but i wanna make a new ability with blue fire but keep the old one so that i can use both abilities

Level 5
The color of the fire or whatever.. you can do it like what i did earlier with model editor~node manager..
Create new Buffs, replace it with the imported model. Same goes to Abilities, create a new ability and change the effects to the imported model, also change the buff effect to the new one..
This way u still have the untouched skill with the same effects and the copied/new one with the new effects :O

Here you go.. a little messy.. All you need to see is Blue Breath Of Fire on Abilities and Buffs and the Imported Models :p
Type -maxlevel in game if you want to test the skill

Model Editor
MdxPather

Attachments

• Blue Breath Of Fire.w3x
    24.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.