• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reclaiming the throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Wolfe gave up on his terrain which I really admired and couldn't let burn into history, I finished it for him.

Credits to Wolfe for the starting plot.

The army idea was mine, the humans are reclaiming their throne that the Undead overtook.

Attachments

• Reclaim.JPG
    Reclaim.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 298
Level 14
I love the apparent combination of your style blended with Wolfe's. It makes for a really great atmospheric effect, somewhat generic in it's approach to wc3 aesthetics, yet very unique in the same way. Well done.

The shadows, however, are very random, you may want to replace them.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Very atmospheric indeed, however I felt the immediate need to scroll up to expose more of the vivid and imaginative setting. Consequently I'd suggest you to diminish the foreground and furtherly reveal the sky and the background. As of now the foreground is pulling for too much attention.
Furthermore, the building textures are very plain and polished for what appears to be a city under siege. And quite frankly, too montonous for medieval structures period.

Level 17
Looking at this, I kind of regret pulling out of the terraining contest. =P

Very well done. But, I agree with fladder, gazing upon it, the structures look quite 'neat' for a city under siege. Perhaps creating holes in the buildings, debris, using some SFXs to create that genuine effect of a siege.

Well, when I'm making a sky, I experiment a lot, add different colours, different clouds etc. It's all about experimenting, and when you feel this is the right sky, then your done.
In this sky I used clouds, blue/green glows and stars. Clouds are tinted to 10 10 10 which makes them look a lot more natural, blue/green glows well, they can be used if you want a more colourful sky and the stars are "star white" model in the UTM. Also, it's very important how you capture the sky and what will be under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.