• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Nothern Remains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
My first terrain, has a small story to it. Spent some time on this.

Long ago, Humans took to the north of the world. Finding a cold dead continent, they almost left but the riches found below the snow were just enough to keep them. This mining camp built into a chasm lead to a rising trade route through the north. The base was defended against the Undead continuously. However, the Undead eventually attacked in a lethal force, leaving burning ruins behind with no one to save it. Now the harsh weather hides the remains, covering the battle and its history.

Attachments

• Rock Mine.jpg
    Rock Mine.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 278
Level 36
I kind of like it. But the fact that the ground is covered in snow and those mountains and rocks are not... Just seems wrong, not to mention that the contrast between the rocks and the snow seems... A bit too much. Other than that there isn't really that much going on, but hell, look who's speaking :p

Fairly good job, just work a bit more on details and reality :)

Level 25
Nice use of rocks for the mountains, such as the one on the left. However, you placed too many rock doodads and it looks too repetitive. I would advise using less rocks and instead increase the size of some rocks maybe.

Parts of the terrain look a tad too plain, mainly where the snow is and around the bridge. Maybe create a forest of tiny trees to make the terrain look larger and more interesting?

Other than that, a nice job for a first terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.