• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recipe system - a bit more complex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I was advised to come and post here a request i have...

I know it might not be the right section to ask, or maybe it's not even good to ask because i am asking someone to do the work instead of me... ( i have no clue how to make a recipe system yet, because i have low to moderate experience in triggers and no experience in jass)
Yet please, if someone may help me i would be truly grateful.

I need an item recipe system (in GUI or JASS, as long as i can implement it into my map it's fine).
The things which i want it to do are:

-able to make recipes from 2 to 6 ingredients - the order of the items in the inventory should not matter

-able to be... "activated" when a player wants - basically i want a unit to have a button, and when it uses it (a spell that does nothing specific) it will activate the system and make the items in the units inventory to create another one (or more... depends on the recipe)

-able to restrict certain recipes to certain units - basically i will have some buildings in the map and i want players to need to use those buildings to make some items

->Basically i think that diablo-dk's recipe system ( Linked here ) it's really good and i used it previously, but still... it doesn't have an "activation/deactivation" button, nor unit restrictions... if someone could at least modify it for me (if permitted) it would be great.

If you don't understand precisely what i want, please do ask for clarification.
Also, i will give special credits to the person who makes this system.

NOTE: As far as i know...(i have searched the forums and links as best as i could) there is no recipe system that does what i want so that is why i am making a request for it. If maybe someone knows of an system that does what i want, then please send me a link and i will also add the person to credits.

Once again, thank you!

Level 9
Can't anyone at least point me out into some direction? If i shouldn't make such a request, please tell me, or if it's something not easy to do... i would like an honest answer about my request, so that i would know what to do next. If such recipe system is impossible to get, i will have to find another method for my ideas.

Level 9
-able to be... "activated" when a player wants - basically i want a unit to have a button, and when it uses it (a spell that does nothing specific) it will activate the system and make the items in the units inventory to create another one (or more... depends on the recipe)

thats just changin the event.

-able to restrict certain recipes to certain units - basically i will have some buildings in the map and i want players to need to use those buildings to make some items

for this just make diffenrent dummy spells and add the spells to the events of these certain items.

Can't anyone at least point me out into some direction? If i shouldn't make such a request, please tell me, or if it's something not easy to do... i would like an honest answer about my request, so that i would know what to do next. If such recipe system is impossible to get, i will have to find another method for my ideas.

if youre good at triggering it wouldnt be hard...just much work. i made a recipe system for my map from the scretch so i can set conditions and so on on my own.

the direction i would lead you is make a recipe system from the scretch. it not very easy but also it isnt very hard...its just much work because a bugfree/leakfree/working recipe system is much work. but that would be the best way.

Level 9
Indeed, you are right, yet the problem is... that making each recipe as a trigger for a certain spell... considering the load of recipes i want to make... it's just too much work...

Using diablo-dk's recipe system (or some others i have seen that use JASS) it's just making for each recipe a line of "custom trigger" which isn't hard, nor time taking... but making for each recipe it's own set of actions (even with copy and paste) it would take too long (also i have no idea how to check if a hero has certain items in his inventory without checking specific inventory slots)...

Thanks for telling me your opinion though...

Level 20
(also i have no idea how to check if a hero has certain items in his inventory without checking specific inventory slots)...
Boolean Comparison - Hero has item of type X Equal to True/False

Have you ever read any other system that works with items or units?... Adiktuz drops system rquires you to tell FOR EACH UNIT TYPE The unit raw code, how many items you can drop, the raw code of each one of the items it can drop, and the chance to drop them.

-Kobas- ability level up system requires FOR EACH ABILITY to add about 8 or 9 values (yeah, a lot of copy paste).

The Witcher Advanced Equipment System requires you to tell FOR EVERY ITEM the ITEM ID, the Item Ability ICON ID, and the ID of each one of the abilities the item should have, among with the information about the item slot, the unit animation, if it's one or two handed, etc.

Do you know how to make -random pick on a game like dota? Create a Unit-Type array, and set the Unit-Type for each one of these values (Yeah, 104 in Dota). There's no generic / dynamic way (as far as I know) to handle complicated stuff... Sorry, you'll have to Copy / paste several times, or find a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally complicated way around to create your own dynamic system :p

We all do it. Copy paste the fixed values, and just edit those that should change from item/item or unit/unit.

Level 20
:) You see my point. Copy/paste is no neccesarily inneficient. It's usually the way most advanced system works. Don't feel bad or noob about doing it.

Level 9
:) Thanks, although i don't have quite much time... as i am in high school and things are all together, learning, homework, my parents who say i must make bonus homework.... and of course my desire to make/play maps in Wc3. :D (all that besides the obvious friends dating)

Status
Not open for further replies.