• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Really weird Custom Campaign Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have NO IDEA where to put something like this, but I HAVE to tell people! It's amazing/hilarious!!

Steps to recreate:

1. Make a new Custom Campaign.
2. Make a new map, and add it to the campaign.
3. Right-click and click Edit Map.
4. Open the Object Editor.
4a. WHICH OBJECT EDITOR YOU OPEN MATTERS.
Do NOT use the Campaign Editor's Object Editor, you have to use the normal WarCraft III Editor's Object Editor.
5. Copy/Paste Chain Lightning.

CHAIN LIGHTNING NOW HAS EVERY SINGLE DATA FIELD IN THE EDITOR!!

IMAGE OF PROOF:

vhvaro00b8n31dufg.jpg

They are all DataA through DataD, though. Which means if this probably wasn't just a visual-only glitch, it'd probably crash the game because the same Data is trying to pull more then one variable... And it seems to fix itself when you export the map. This was just really freaky, IMO!

Level 9
It doesn't happen with just Chain Lightning. As far as I know, if you edit a campaign map and go to the object editor, all the map's custom abilities (the ones that are unique to the map, not the ones from the campaign data editor) will display every single possible field.
It won't crash your game. At least, in my case it works fine. And I think I read somewhere (didn't test it) that all the fields not related to the ability won't have any effect. For example, modifying healing or stunning values for the Chain Lightning shouldn't do anything, because the Chain Lightning doesn't have healing or stunning effects.

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.